Contributor

Re: TSV Pillows- Anyone here own these? thoughts?

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
I have a different brand of gel pillows from A. I’m really tough on pillows. The gel pillow is comfy and lasts longer than any other brand I’ve tried.

I have some gel pillows from A as well and I like them so much that I replaced all my pillows with them.

Respected Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
@sueinsfI’m currently using the Casper pillow and I really like it. Like I said I’m really hard on pillows and they go flat super fast for me.

I roll around a ton during the night so I buy one queen and one king so the entire width of my queen size bed is covered in case I roll there.

Might be worth a look if you’re on the pillow search. More good reviews than bad.

I haven’t found these to be hot either.

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=Casper+pillow

Thanks @hippiechick7897 

Super Contributor

@RealQuiet wrote:

Thanks ladies for your input so far!  I'm still debating.  I have the My Pillow but they don't work for me.  I need firm.  They mentioned the firm is a gel and no mention if the gel pillows can be washed.  I have the Tony pillows from HSN but too mush and wake up with neck aches.  I'll give these a try.

I've tried so many pillows, including the My Pillow, which also gives me headaches. Tried My Pillow on different occasions and always the same, headache.

I'm giving these TSV pillows a try - 1 plush, 1 firm. I have cervical stenosis and am hoping one of these might give me a decent night's sleep.

Trusted Contributor

All hosts talked about the gel filling yet NO ONE showed any gel being in the pillows,just soft fluff,

Trusted Contributor

We like everything about the pillows except their very heavy weight. A normal size washer would have a tough time washing them.  They would be extra heavy when wet.  The tag says to wash in a large commercial washer or have them dry cleaned, which is the recommended method of cleaning. This was not mentioned in the on air presentations. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RealQuiet 

Mine arrived a day or so ago and I've unwrapped them, but have not put them on the bed.  Was debating whether to wash them first.   Only sleeping on them will tell me anything, so I'll post back.

@CJC 

They are a bit heavier than I expected.  I got one each of the firm and plush. 

Hoping they work out as I certainly don't want to attempt to return them.

The other dilemma I always have is what to do with "old" pillows.  No one wants them (can't blame them), and they just end up taking space.  Yet, I hate to throw them in the trash.

I did buy some allergy covers for them, so when those arrive and I sleep on them for a few nights, I'll post back.

Regular Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@RealQuiet 

Mine arrived a day or so ago and I've unwrapped them, but have not put them on the bed.  Was debating whether to wash them first.   Only sleeping on them will tell me anything, so I'll post back.

@CJC 

They are a bit heavier than I expected.  I got one each of the firm and plush. 

Hoping they work out as I certainly don't want to attempt to return them.

The other dilemma I always have is what to do with "old" pillows.  No one wants them (can't blame them), and they just end up taking space.  Yet, I hate to throw them in the trash.

I did buy some allergy covers for them, so when those arrive and I sleep on them for a few nights, I'll post back.

@Witchy Woman   Mine came 2 days ago and so far so good!  No neck aches, which I've been getting almost daily with the other pillows I was using.  They are heavy which really don't bother me.  I ordered the firm for both.  Now I wonder how the washing will go.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN 

Did you try your pillows yet?

I've had mine on the bed for a few nights.

While they are a bit "heavy" I've found them to be very comfy.  However, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.  At least they stay put!

One thing that is a big plus for me is no hot spots at night.  My head seems to stay cool on this pillow.

I do like them, and hope they hold up.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman , so far the pillows are okay. Like you, I hope they hold up. Since they weren't very expensive I'll just have to wait and see if they have a short life span.