Respected Contributor

TSV Peridot hoops- color very light??

Is it just me, or does the peridot look very light?? Maybe it's my TV, but I'm not wasting S&H to have to return them.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Peridot hoops- color very light??

[ Edited ]

I just looked at them in the video and they looked washed out to me, too. 

ETA- I don't care for the closure. Would rather have a more secure one, for instance one that has a push-lock on it. For me omega backs are not very secure and they can easily be pulled right off the ear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the peridot is so light.  If purchasing, I would go with the smaller white topaz. The amethyst does have a deep saturation of color, if looking for a colored stone.

Many years ago, Tacori made a similar earring in a one inch beefy platinum clad round hoop.  I believe they were in DMQ.  The quality was so evident...the stones were larger than a micro pave, but still small enough to look like the real deal.  I wore them frequently and lost one when I had a doctor's visit.  Didn't realize it was missing until I got home. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

I agree.  If I were still buying jewelry, I'd consider the white topaz or the amithyst.  I'm not a blue topaz fan ever and the peridot looks light, at least under the camera's lights.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not impressed at all with the TSV.    Too much silver shows and the stones are way too tiny, gem dust as I like to say.  LOL  Definate pass for me, don't feel it's a good price either for what you are getting.

Honored Contributor

I purchased several sets (large and small).  I have a lot of granddaughters.  Almost all of my family (there are a lot of them) have summer birthdays.  You have no idea.

Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's birthday, next day a granddaughter's birthday, then about 1 week later, another granddaughter's birthday, then in August 2 other daughter's birthday and so on and so on!  Ha!

Now that I'm so old, I wonder how I managed to carry 3 children through the summer while wearing those thick support hose!

OMG!  GOD knew what he was doing when he made it so old women couldn't have babies!  Ha!

Sorry, off topic, but nothing new!

Esteemed Contributor

I happened to be doing a driveby when...geez i already can't remember if it was Antonella or that guy in referring to the amythyst saying that purple is always a power color. A power color? Sometimes I'm baffled by the things I hear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

I happened to be doing a driveby when...geez i already can't remember if it was Antonella or that guy in referring to the amythyst saying that purple is always a power color. A power color? Sometimes I'm baffled by the things I hear.

I've always thought of purple  as being a 'royal' color, not really a 'power' color to me.

Red and yellow are power colors to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of the TSV stone colors look very werey washed out and with very little color, probably very poor stone quality, not to mention the earrings are one sixteenth inch wide, you need a microscope to find them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just looked at them in the video and they looked washed out to me, too. 

ETA- I don't care for the closure. Would rather have a more secure one, for instance one that has a push-lock on it. For me omega backs are not very secure and they can easily be pulled right off the ear.

@SilleeMee 

Interesting ... the omega backs are the only ones I'll wear.  For me, they are more secure than lever backs (get caught on scarves and collars) and studs.  I've lost studs, never lost an omega.