Trusted Contributor

In the past I would spend a lot of money with QVC and as they changed in the so many ways I did not care for (such as what you mentioned) I finally decided it was just not programming I wanted to  watch any more.  I still buy a few things that I look for online, but very little compared to years ago. I switched to HSN and grew to like their mix of products and a number of their presenters (not all, but many).  I took my dollars over to HSN but then when QVC took over and started morphing it into the same things that drove me away from QVC I gave up watching HSN.  I basically just buy Curtis Stone cookware form HSN now.  I watch to see when he will be on, because that means new products will be loaded right before his visit.  Unfortunately, now they keep adding large expensive sets of cookware and I just want to buy the smaller pieces, so I am buying much less from HSN, too.  At one time I bought a number of pieces of Wolfgang Puck's collection (back when I was still watching) but he is so gross in the kitchen (wipes his nose with the dish cloth or his hands and then carries on using same while cooking & serving.  He licks his fingers and sticks them back in the food....just a lot of ICK!)  It turned me off totally to Wolfgang Puck.   Evine is nearly all watches and if I want to see time marching on all I have to do is look in the mirror, so I find their programming boring.  It all says to me that a parting of the ways with shopping channels is probably mutually desirable.  I am not their type of customer any longer even though I still have money to spend any vendor should be happy to take...any money added to the bottom line should be a good thing.  They are not my type of vendor any longer, even though they got nearly all my discretionary money at one time.  All things change in time.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

🤣🤣🤣 your right it does get old. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they’re trying to hypnotize customers into buying the TSV. 😁 lol!  

Honored Contributor

@Havarti  I like Curtis Stone items too from HSN.  I purchased the last TS cook set even though some of the pieces are kind of large for the amount of food I cook in them.  I did notice Walmart's website and Amazon have his cookware too.  I purchased the 8" fry pan from HSN the last time he was on.  That one is very useful for me.   I don't anticipate I will need any more large sets.  His cookware is sure a breeze to clean-up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Kachina624  I've always felt the same way and do totally agree with all of you.

Then one day I started listening and I heard them say, (paraphrasing), "We just picked up XXX number of viewers just this hour".

Then I read here that (supposedly) one reason QVC keeps showing the TSV over and over (at least every hour) is because most TV viewers hop from one station to another (especially during commercials).  They posted THAT's who QVC hopes to pull into so they can see and/or purchase the TSV.

In other words, they don't give squat about those of us who watch an entire segment(s) of QVC and see this stuff over and over and.........

It drives all of us crazy.  I've gotten to the point where (if I'm in the mood and can stand it) I will sit and see how many times the Host who's working those 3 hours in a row can bring up ideas/words/descriptions about something like ...... say...a pillow.  It almost become 'funny' (not Ha! Ha!) but, maybe .... interesting a description for why I need to purchase a pillow in 24 hours.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Kachina624  I've always felt the same way and do totally agree with all of you.

Then one day I started listening and I heard them say, (paraphrasing), "We just picked up XXX number of viewers just this hour".

Then I read here that (supposedly) one reason QVC keeps showing the TSV over and over (at least every hour) is because most TV viewers hop from one station to another (especially during commercials).  They posted THAT's who QVC hopes to pull into so they can see and/or purchase the TSV.

In other words, they don't give squat about those of us who watch an entire segment(s) of QVC and see this stuff over and over and.........

It drives all of us crazy.  I've gotten to the point where (if I'm in the mood and can stand it) I will sit and see how many times the Host who's working those 3 hours in a row can bring up ideas/words/descriptions about something like ...... say...a pillow.  It almost become 'funny' (not Ha! Ha!) but, maybe .... interesting a description for why I need to purchase a pillow in 24 hours.

@Annabellethecat66, if/when I watch it's background noise for the most part and often miss the TSVs on purpose. Had to laugh about how you watch just to see how comical it is listening to a host try and sell a tsv for 3hrs on end!  I must add though, some of them must be pretty good at selling as I saw David selling 3doz hot dogs for $90 this weekend!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV Overkill

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  I don't mind the numerous showings of the TSVs...........if I'm not interested, I change the channel.

This must be the "new round of complaining"  which you labeled another poster's observation and comment.

To call out a person by name and be critical of their voice (looks, etc) is simply unkind ~~ We discussed this type of behavior in my preK class today.

Esteemed Contributor
What gears my goad is telling us an item should have two
more zeros after it or a I’ve in front of it. Are they nuts?? Cuddl Duds are cheap garments from China. No way would they sell anywhere for more zeroes after or more numbers in front of them. A the hots do it and it’s an insult to our intelligence
Esteemed Contributor
Sorry for all the typos. Yikes
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Overkill

[ Edited ]

I agree that considering the number of items that are in QVC's warehouse, the presentations are lengthy and repetitive.  One of the many reasons I rarely watch for more tha 5 minutes at a time.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  I remember Jane T. used to talk about how when she was auditioning she had to talk about selling (I believe it was a pencil).  She told that story over and over.

I guess that's how they test them.  I remember back when it was Shawn's first day/week.  It was ummm....interesting???

I also remember watching Amy.  I didn't think she was very good.  I know we all have people we enjoy watching more than other's but I think Amy is just so cute.

The person I can watch without changing the channel as they repeat things would be Mary Beth.  She's always come across as very honest to me.

I'm sure it's difficult to do that job.  They have someone constantly talking in their ear telling them what to say and do while sifting in their brain the words they want to say, etc.

Over the years I've somehow learned to filter out what comes out of my mouth (believe me, that didn't used to be the case).  I can be a bit of a potty mouth and only talk like that with a very, very few friends.

After I had children I never said (we call them 'bad' words) again.  As they became adult....well....

I think about all of the hosts and vendors (mostly females) who come on the show.  I can't imagine how hard it is to work various times of the day.

I stay up late and have no schedule.  I see these women who are mothers (working women) and give them applause.

I know a lot of women do it around the country.  However, it has to be even more difficult when you work at night then come home and deal with a family and so on.

I didn't know Mary Beth, Jane Tracy or Jill way back when they had to work nights at the start but I have to give them a hand for lasting so long.

I would think a person would get burnt out doing it.  I know there are several single mother's who's children/child has grown up while their mom worked at QVC.  Pat James is one of them.

I'm sure they have help, but still, the major responsibility always falls on 'the mom'.

I was lucky (and with a lot of planning (I waited 7 years to have a baby)) I stayed home after my first and never had to go back to work.

We just celebrated Mother's Day yesterday but as far as I'm concerned every day should be Woman's Day.  I've said it here, I've written about it and I'll always touted it, Woman are amazing.  We are all so lucky to be women/females.