Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Northern Nights Mattress 9/5/2020

I got a queen size one in the last year because a lot of the "complaints" were that it was TOO FIRM...which was exactly what I wanted! At the time, the queen was about 400.00.

I was skeptical too. I kep my OLD queen on a frame in my two car heated, clean garage, just in case. It was a 2001 model I bought off the Q. So it was 18 years old. It's now a place for my cat to sleep. I have a little "room" set up in my garage, but that's another story!

I like mine so far. I turn it end for end about every two months. It is not hard to do ( for me, but I consider myself a strong 64 YO woman!!!). It is still beautiful to look at, and no sags. I covered it with a padded topper (not foam) just to keep it nice and clean!

I was/am really impressed....especially watching it "pop" to life!!!!

A few months later they came out with a 13" version. I will probably get one next year, and move this one to the guest room, or, if it's still as nice and clean and non-sagging, to a friend who can't afford to buy almost anything large.

Now.... If you spend 2000.00 on a mattress in a store, and you keep it about 10 years, that's 200. a year. If you buy one of these ( a queen in the 11")at 450, if you only keep it a two years and decide you don't like it, you're out not much more than if you buy a 2000. mattress and kept it for ten years. 

I'd try it.

I actually LIKE the idea of getting a new version mattress maybe every 5 years instead of waiting so long to replace. They are improving every year, and the price is unreal compared to a store-bought same size. If it's still very clean, not sagging, give the old one to someone or make it a guest bed. Or, a garage bed like my old one!!!!!

The price reflects no pushy salesman ( the QVC person is there anyway).., no glitzy modern glass palace showroom ( with rents, taxes, utilities, insurance, wages) where every day the same mattress is a different price,  no shlepping to the store to look, no delivery fee and tips and salaries for the two guys to move it, etc. ( and yes I know a few jobs are lost in the process, but it's not going to go backwards at this point). 

I would call it firmer rather than medium firm. Support is excellent.

I am 5'9" weigh 168, and live alone....Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@monie monie 

He wanted the adjustable frame system, but, they needed to be split king version.

I told him go for it but he didn't want to spend another $1,800!  I agree there are other things I could use that $$ for..like towards my master bath remodel.

I hope this mattress lasts us 10 years although I like the warranty on this mattress and they are made in USA🙂

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

We purchased the Northern Nights (NN) TSV mattress (queen) and a NN adjustable bed frame.  Adjustable bed frame -- came one day before scheduled delivery date!  125 lbs...the UPS guy helped my husband bring it to the front door (you need more than one person).  The bed frame was 95% assembled, it wasn't too bad to do the rest (good written instructions).

The NN TSV mattress came one week later than scheduled.  70 lbs., two persons needed.  There were instructions, but really not needed.  The mattress bloomed for about three hours.  

Our previous one was about 10 yrs old, always felt achy when I woke up.  Using the NN mattress, I didn't feel achy when I got out of bed in the morning.  Feels like a real mattress.

I'd buy another NN mattress if I ever need another one, and would recommend it to my friends and family!