Trusted Contributor

TSV Northern Nights Mattress 9/5/2020

First of all, I didn,'t know they they were in the mattress business. I am looking for a new mattress and this one looks nice at a great price. Has anyone tried it?

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Super Contributor

Re: TSV Northern Nights Mattress 9/5/2020

I bought this mattress in April when it was a TSV.  I love it.  It is to me, medium firm.  It has some softness to it, but gives me support.  I loved not having someone come into my home at this time.  Hubby and I set it up with no problem and we are in our late 50's.

Super Contributor

I bought one about 1 1/2 ago. Absolutely love it and would agree, its medium firm. It was super easy to set up -- I got the full size and did it on my own -- and if I need another mattress, I would absolutely get this one again. Great price, easy, and no hassle. I was skeptical at first to buy a mattress on tv but my old mattress was 20+ years old and I didn't want to spend $1K+ so I rolled the dice and am now a believer! 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I got the queen size last year when it was a TSV. I'm 5'1 and was able to put it on by myself. It was the best sleep I'd had in years - for the first week. Then it started to sag, and I was constantly trying to find a comfortable spot. I think at least part of the problem is they said it was OK to put it on top of my old box spring. But I think the mattress needs to be on something firmer, or on a platform bed.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your comments! They have helped me make my decision.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@monie monie 

you are so right about box springs.  In early June, I purchased a Stearns & Foster Estate Luxury mattress (big $$$) because spouse was wanting firm mattress.  Finally had total bed system delivered end of August.

We asked if we needed to purchase new boxsprings (addtl $$$).

The salesman told us no you don't need to buy boxsprings or platform as long as we got same size.   NOT!!!

After 3 weeks the mattress was sagging in middle, very uncomfortable and "squeaked".  I called Stearns & Foster because considering the price I was disappointed.

The problem was the mattress is "engineered" to be used with correct size boxsprings, adjustable frame or platform.

Had to order boxsprings and new frame to support weight - they "support" the mattress.

I looked the Ca King of TSV weighs 107 lbs and the mattress we bought weighs about 117 lbs. so I would certainly think just from my recent experience I'd say "old boxsprings" could be a problem.  I have never considered a "bed in a box" concept so I don't know.

The store ordered me new mattress too and no more sleepless nights this mattress is wonderful😴😴😴😴.  Sometimes I hate to get up😉

Super Contributor

I could never buy a mattress off of TV.  I must test the mattress first.  Memory foam can be a little weird lo lay on.  I still like inter-coil mattresses the best.

Frequent Contributor

@Sapphiregal, Did you decide to buy it?
Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1

I remember my mom looking at Stearns & Foster mattresses, those are big bucks! I was looking for something more comfortable than what I had, but didn't want to spend a lot. I know I'll be moving in the next year, and don't plan on taking the mattress with me.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm shocked these are actually made in the USA.  I feel , however you get what you pay for.  I'm skeptical re: price but the idea of the warranty is a comfort.  We bought a similar type mattress (Casper)  also in a box and made in the USA.  We love it and haven't had any issues at all.   These types of mattresses are really becoming popular.  Made in this country is an absolute necessity IMO, you have no idea what material is being used in imported mattresses.  A good friend of mine bought a cheap one on Amazon, sleeping on it made her literally sick, come to find out there was some sort of fiberglass inside?!