Honored Contributor

TSV - Northern Nights Mattress 4/18/20

I have a question about the mattress.  If you decide you don't like it, does QVC send someone out to pick it up?  Is there a fee associated with that?

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: TSV - Northern Nights Mattress 4/18/20

I've read in previous comments that credit is given even though you can't stuff the mattress back in the box to return. You may want to double check on that info. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the mattress in February when it first aired. Like all other beds in a box, the Q will refund your $ if you choose not to keep it and you are on your own to dispose of it.

You are also on your own to move and dispose of your old mattress,which they do not remind you. Right now my old mattress is sitting in my garage. I needed DS & DDIL to help me move it. Fortunately my BR is on the main floor- only a couple of stairs out to the garage.

Trusted Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I bought the mattress in February when it first aired. Like all other beds in a box, the Q will refund your $ if you choose not to keep it and you are on your own to dispose of it.

You are also on your own to move and dispose of your old mattress,which they do not remind you. Right now my old mattress is sitting in my garage. I needed DS & DDIL to help me move it. Fortunately my BR is on the main floor- only a couple of stairs out to the garage.

@queendiva Thanks for the reminder on disposing the old mattress.  I was thinking this may be good for a family member who is in need of  a new mattress.  Right now we don't have a way to dispose of the old mattress, our garbage service will only take what is in a can.  They won't take the large items left on the side.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 : That's the same deal with my trash collector. I may have to pay for them to take my old mattress. It's in the garage because I was waiting for my town's spring cleanup day- one day a year when I could have the old mattress hauled away free. Now I'm not sure if this will take place this spring.

Whether a person decides the keep their new NN mattress as I did or get rid of it there will be a mattress to dispose of. 

At $500.00 + tax for a queen size 12+" hybrid mattress I am still coming out ahead even if I have to pay for disposal of the old one. I checked every hybrid mattress I could find on line. They all had the same deal for disposal. The NN mattress was by far the best deal on price.

Super Contributor

@queendiva Do you like the mattress? I am looking for reviews of the product. I understand the return policy an the dispoosal issue with the old mattress.

Do you appreciate the comfort factoe and the quality of craftmenship?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shiloh09 : Yes. The quality and craftsmanship are there. Made in the USA  is important today as well. There was a very slight smell from the plastic wrap when the mattress was unboxed, not from the mattress. It was gone by the time it had fully "bloomed"- over 3 hours in my case.

My previous mattress was a 9" memory foam one, purchased in a mattress store in 1996. I liked it but wanted to try the new hybrid type now that the one I had was getting old and was not as comfortable and supportive as it once was.

Everything they are saying about the TSV mattress is accurate IMO. I like a very firm mattress as I am a side/stomach sleeper I find this very supportive but not hard. I agree that I would call it medium firm. Well cushioned, soft yet supportive. I have a newer platform bed (slats close together, no box spring) I liked that you can use this one on any base, even the floor, the only exception being older bed frames that have slats placed far apart.

No matter what you are sleeping on now, the new one will be different. People need to give it a minimum of 2-3 weeks to make a decicion. Now that you have 90 days from delivery- that is in line with most other mattress companies.

HTH.

Honored Contributor

Those are questions best answered by customer service.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Occasional Contributor

I just wanted to say that we love this mattress, if anyone is on the fence.  Granted, we were replacing a 30 yr old (yes 30) hand me down tradional mattress, so anything would be an improvement.  

My husband has had 5 back surgeries and had his second fusion last summer and this mattress has improved his quality of life greatly.  I have been suffering with hip bursitis for a few years and am a side sleeper and I have improved greatly as well.

The set up was easy as can be and actually kinda cool to watch it expand when you cut the plastic wrap.  We used the box spring and frame from our old matress.  

Frequent Contributor

I also purchased this mattress after hesitating last time it was a TSV.  This is one of my best ever purchases from QVC.  It is firm yet also soft and comfortable.  Of course this was a change from my old mattress and I had wanted a Sleep Number bed but it wasn't in the budget.  For me - this mattress has been a blessing in this time of uncertainty.