Super Contributor

Re: TSV -Ninja Foodi Frypans

I am quite happy with my T-Fal pans.  I have had mine for quite a while because I only use them for foods I can cook on medium low temperature.  This, and I only use Teflon utensils in them.  This is my go-to pan for frying eggs but anything for higher temperatures, I use an All Clad pan.

Contributor

The description says the non-stick is a coating. 

QVC:  "NeverStick technology ensures that the durable, textured coating enables excellent food release." 

Ninja's website: "extremely durable, textured Ninja™ exclusive nonstick coating".

Honored Contributor

@Anothernewnickname wrote:

The description says the non-stick is a coating. 

QVC:  "NeverStick technology ensures that the durable, textured coating enables excellent food release." 

Ninja's website: "extremely durable, textured Ninja™ exclusive nonstick coating".

Ooh, thanks for clarifying.  

Honored Contributor

The Ninja NeverStick pans are coated nonstick. One of my other friends has a set of pans and she just told me that one of her pans is starting to peel on the bottom. She bought them with the lifetime warranty when they offered it but when she contacted Ninja about the peeling issue they would not offer her a replacement or a refund for the one pan. I don't know the whole story but it seems to me peeling should not be happening and Ninja should have replaced that pan under their warranty but they did nothing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   If you Google reviews on these pans, many will say they perform well for the first six months or so, then begin to peel like an onion skin.  I would avoid them, and like all the other coated pans, these will also fail to hold up as well.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone! I bought a caphalon 12" non stick w/lid today for $29.99 at HomeGoods.  I have other caphalon and it's still non stick after years of use.

As others pointed out once the coating is gone so is the nonstick. I'm no longer spending big $$$ on cookware.

Thank you again🙂🙂🙂

Honored Contributor

It's a non-stick coating?  OK, my mistake.  Thank you for clarifying that everyone.

Honored Contributor

"textured coatings"  -  enough said   @JeanLouiseFinch @Anothernewnickname 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I've had this brand too - coating inside that exventually peels off, cooks off into the food that lyou eat.