Honored Contributor

TSV -Ninja Foodi Frypans

[ Edited ]

Any pros or cons?

I have Wolfgang Puck Elite about 4 years old they're no longer "nonstick " in the true sense.  Still work but need some type of oil or butter to fry with.  I also have Curtis stone durapans and non stick feature starting to fail.

$69.98 is pricey if they won't have longevity.

thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: TSV -Ninja Foodi Frypans

I won't buy them because I heard you can't even make fried eggs without them sticking. Ninja gave guidelines to mess around with in order to keep them from sticking, yet people who have followed the guidlines say their eggs still stick. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds like the "Greenpans" that I got duped into years ago. My Circulon pans are performing beautifully (with just a bit of nonstick spray) fifteen years later.

Honored Contributor

I only buy Curtis Stone pots and pans.  Truly non-stick.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My friend bought an entire set of Ninja NeverStick cookware and it came with a lifetime warranty. My friend raves about her cookware!  But now I see that the warranty has been reduced to 10 years. That makes me wonder why and that the cookware might not be as good as what was first thought it would be.

Honored Contributor

Non stick pans means they're coated with something. This something eventually disappears from the pan surface and what does this mean? This means it's been scraped off and in your meals that you just ate. YUM! NOT!!!!!!!!

$70 for 2 pans and two lids?  We can do much better - better cookware, and much better prices.

18/10 stainless is the best to use for cooking foods that we prep in the pans and then eat it. There is beautiful 18/10 made in the USA for much less money - pans, skillets, sauce pans, tempered glass lids with steam holes, sauce pans good for lefties and rightees because there are pour spouts on each side, great weight to these all, cook wonderfully, good for the oven, clean up beautifully. The best and last cookware you'll ever buy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overall, I believe the Ninja line of products to be very good to excellent.  These pans are PFOA Free so that makes me believe the non-stick is in the pan itself via the kind of material/metal used, and not as a coating.  I will not be buying them though since I have a set of Henckel frying pans that I love and use almost daily.  Three pans, the same price as the TSV.  The only drawback is they didn't come with lids. It doesn't really bother me much. I don't always need a lid. If I do, I'll just find something to make do with. No biggie. 

Honored Contributor

We have the Curtis Stone Durapans, and while they are good, my husband's egg pan has begun to stick.  I think that is true of all the nothing sticks to it pans.  They're great until they're not, throwaway pans.  I no longer buy sets of pans and wll only replace the ones I need.  $70 is too much for 2 pans that will eventually start sticking. 

While I'm sure stainless steel is the best thing to cook in, some of us are not good enough cooks to cook in them and not have half our food stuck to them when done.  Count me in as one of those cooks.  I do have one Saladmaster stainless steel pan that I have had for over 20 years and it's a wonderful pan.  But, I wouldn't even try to cook eggs in it.  

The best non-stick I have ever used is the set of Kirkland hard anodized I got from Costco.  I have only needed to replace one of those pans and they still cook and clean up beautifully years later.  It's not as old as the stainless steel pan, but close.

Honored Contributor

The non-stick is in the material of the pan itself, it's not a coating.

I've had mine, this exact same set (I paid more!), for 3 years.  Since that time, I have gifted 2 additional sets to family members.  They are excellent pans -- I use them every day.

Nothing sticks, not eggs, vegetables, steaks, cheese, potatoes, etc -- nothing in all that time..  They also don't scratch. and they still look as good as new.  

Regular Contributor

Just bought Ninja Wok and  fry pan handles are so heavy I will not use as much as Curtis Stone. They are much lighter in weight so disappointed in Ninja as these are the first ones I bought.