Super Contributor

Yet if the TSV is only for one day now, why is the TSV tree from Saturday still available as a TSV on Sunday?

Respected Contributor

The TSV's were available only for the TSV date for most of QVC's existence.  I am in Eastern time.  For years I needed to wake up at 4:30 am to get out the door by 5:30 am to leave home for work.  There was no way that I would ever stay awake until midnight for the TSV, and get so little sleep just to open my wallet for QVC's sake.  There were some occasions where the TSV was sold out in a color or size by the time I got to see what it was.  Not complaining, just saying. I am generally a happy QVC customer.  The one issue about this for me is, when I knew exactly what the upcoming TSV was, I could log on and order it in advance.  While doing so, while I was already on the website, I would look around for New, Bonus Bay, Big Deal, Hot Picks, etc.  So now I am spending time on the website doing this a lot less often.

Trusted Contributor
The TSV Christmas tree is still showing Sunday but it’s at a higher price. The day the TSV items will still be for sale (unless sold out) but the price increases. I noticed all the colors of the Vince Camuto leather Crossbody were still available the next day so that means it wasn’t a huge success as a TSV.
Trusted Contributor
Ooops I forgot the word “after”. The day after the TSV items will still be for sale (unless sold out) but the price increases.
Honored Contributor

To me, they're just resuming their former practice.  The name itself, Today's Special Value, implies special pricing for ONE day, nothing in advance, nothing the next day or two, or three.  IMO, it's like any other sale in a B&M store or online.  There's a specific time range. You want whatever it is, plan accordingly or you miss out. Yes, even if it means staying up late or getting up early.  That's life. 

Esteemed Contributor

Basically,  it's a nostalgia-drenched marketing bone tossed to the very, very old timers who long for yesteryear. 

Honored Contributor

A poster with a name like Denim&Co always gave us a heads up of the TSV. I liked that.

Super Contributor

What exactly does that mean @Johnnyeager ?

Honored Contributor

At 6:00 AM, as usual, I'm up with my coffee and ready to turn on my first opportunity to catch the host's TSV presentation. 

But this morning, no host presentation video, and not even a pre-recorded show of it on at this hour.  I can watch the vendor video, I guess.

Pretty lame business strategy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV New Rules?

[ Edited ]

The poster DenimandCo was banned.

He/She returned as "theybannedme."

That name was briefly changed to "happyfoundersday" followed by a short-lived change to something which looked like an item number.

Finally, the name was changed to "banned again" with no further posting since June 15th.