Contributor

I see QVC decided to change their rules and the customers can no longer get advanced notice on the upcoming TSV. 

The problem is of course not every one will stay up and see what the value is let alone purchase  it.

QVC NEEDS TO GET ENOUGH STOCK IN FOR THE CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE IN THE AM OF EACH TIME ZONE.

I have been missing out on some products but for me I am annoyed enough to move on and purchase Items else where.

Shawn was bragging that Harry Slatkin sent her advanced new scents of his candles but when I was up at 6AM EST they were all sold out.

Was any one else aware of the TSV changes? Maybe some do not care.

Just my two cents!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I was aware.

QVC sent an email informing of the changes prior to making them.

Honored Contributor

@cshell4 This is the way it was originally done years ago. I'm glad they've gone back to this.

About a week or so ago there was a long discussion about this on the forums.

Honored Contributor

To the OP:  The candles aren't sold out now. There are 2 choices left. And what does sending them in advance to the host to get her familiar with them have to do with anything

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Yes, I was aware.

QVC sent an email informing of the changes prior to making them.

Not to everyone.  I have been an active customer since the late 1980's and never got the email.  I knew about it because I follow the forums, but that is the only way I found out.

Respected Contributor

This is just how the tsv worked in the earlier years.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@cshell4   When I first started shopping QVC, the TSV was one day only and only on the TV.

I left for work 5 days/week without knowing what the TSV was.  Sure, many sold out before I had time to watch,   but that's not all bad, imo.

Honored Contributor

The hosts have constantly talked about the new TSV rules plus they've run an ad announcing the change, done by Rick and Shawn.  They also sent email announcements to many members.

Check the program guide in advance and if it's featuring "Slatkin Candles" at midnight, you know they're the TSV and if you're interested enough you might stay up to watch or check the TV or computer early in the morning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It's a gimmick and a marketing game which I believe will fail miserably.

The fine print is about the pricing.

For example,  yesterday's tree is still available,  but with a slight price adjustment. 

Respected Contributor

It really doesn't bother me. This time of year, the new TSV's are presented in my state at 9 pm. The the TSV prices haven't been real bargains in years.