Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV NYMJ Jeans

[ Edited ]

Who in their right mind would post on a shopping channel forum in the first place about anything?

I'm posting because I happen to not be in my right mind.....Woman Frustrated

Actually, saying it that way is a little rude to the people who did purchase in my opinion but I guess you wanted a reaction. 

I can see saying this in a group of friends who all held the same opinion but would you say that in the presence of a friend (I like to think we're all friends here) who bought them ? I hope not.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

@GingerHead   You are so funny!   I am not in my right mind either.  hahahaha

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I dont buy fashion on tv but what an insulting post, rude post to those that might have purchased.

Whats it to you and why be so rude about it?

You could have totally worded your post differently to express how you think about the price but you decided to insult other people. Way to go, not.

It's her OPINION. This is an OPINION forum. I don't always agree with @@Kachina624 but  how are you " insulted" by something said by a total stranger?

I agree with her...I would never buy the TSV...Q Jean prices are nuts.

There are things I absolutely hate and would never purchase but (first of all)  I would never run  to post a poorly worded opinion  (seemingly to bait others) with the intention to also insult others who like and are purchasing.  I absolutely abhor loose, baggy, boxy clothing but would never state that those who buy and wear these things are not in their right minds just because I have different clothing opinions.  A statement like op made might be ok to say to a like minded friend while sitting at home watching the presentation but to declare this to thousands who read these posts is just out and out rude and meant to insult and bait others!!  Although, when an OP posts the first insult then it opens up the door for opposing opinions and calling out for it!!

Respected Contributor
So how much should jeans cost?
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV NYMJ Jeans

[ Edited ]

I don't know if they (NYDJ) are still in department stores, but I tried on a pair at Nordstrom.  This was years ago.  They were OK.  I wasn't wild over them, but they fit me fine.  If they still are, you should try them one first.  Yes, told me to size down.  I asked why and they told me that there is extra room in the belly and rump area.  Hence the name. I'm assuming women who had children. I didn't buy it.  I was in to the American made premium jeans that cost (at that time) over $100.00.  I got a Citizens of Humanity jean instead.  I own them all (Rag & Bone, 3X1, Frame, etc) That jean (one size down) fit me the same as the premium jeans. 

One factor of cost is where they are made/labor.  3rd world is where most of them are made.  With China getting too middle class in labor, countries like Bangladesh, Vietnam, etc.  But you can get jeans made in Spain,Turkey, etc.  Those are good quality jeans.  

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

This is an opinion forum. Everyone should be able to express their point of view.The problem is, some people feel the need to be nasty & disrespectful. You can disagree without offending! 

In other words,treat others as you would like to be treated.

Please elaborate on what you find so nasty, disrepectful , and offensive about the original post.  

Trusted Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

This is an opinion forum. Everyone should be able to express their point of view.The problem is, some people feel the need to be nasty & disrespectful. You can disagree without offending! 

Please elaborate on what you find so nasty, disrepectful , and offensive about the original post.  

There was NOTHING nasty, disrespectful, or offensive about the post. Some people posting here are offended by EVERYTHING. Her post was RIGHT ON.

Regular Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

ITA with you about the orginal post. If I had purchased the jeans and read her OPINION I would NOT feel DISRESPECTED. If she doesn't like what's being,wouldn't bother me.  If I like it and it's my $65, I wouldn't care what she thought.  I don't purchase clothing from the Q because it's too much of a hassle and expense to return.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I like the brand and I like the way they fit and its cheaper than in the stores so I ordered a pair. 

99% of my jeans are NYDJ. I usually buy the ankle length as I'm short and the regular length is too long for me. No other jean fits me as well as these do