Respected Contributor

I love Candle Impressions flameless candles but I am on the fence about this TSV.  Maybe it's the TV but the candle glow looks too orange.  I also would prefer removable candles.  I like the colors and the price is great.  I think CI flameless candles are excellent quality.  I have several from when they were first introduced on QVC and they are still working perfectly with excellent battery life!

Honored Contributor

I just threw out a big lantern with a candle that could not be removed from Luminaria.. I did have it for 5 years or so, but it was expensive and if the candles could have  been removed without damaging the lantern, I would still be using it. No sale.

Trusted Contributor

Question: If the candles can not be removed, how on earth do you replace the batteries in them? I have not watched the presentation. Thanks for any info.

Respected Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Question: If the candles can not be removed, how on earth do you replace the batteries in them? I have not watched the presentation. Thanks for any info.

There is a battery box on the bottom, it powers all 3 candles. I purchase the lantern last year in bronze, its on my front porch & I really like it. Last years version doesn't have a door so I might get this one too.

Regular Contributor

I have a solar lantern from Target that I just gently squirt with the hose to clean. It works and this one locks to be more closed in than the one i have.

Respected Contributor

I just came on to look, as I am finally having to replace a CI lantern, with fixed candle, I've had hanging on my uncovered deck all year long for at least 7 or more years, through several cold, snowy Northeast winters (all except bad blizzards, I'd bring it in) and it lasted all that time. The candle only stopped working finally last year...the outside metal (antique brass) stayed beautiful, no visible wear or rusting. I can attest to CI quality on that lantern for sure.  

To compare, I once bought (my only ever) Luminara lantern, indoor only, TSV about 6 or so years ago, distressed wood, fixed candle, very pretty but...candle malfunctioned within a year...started flickering, off and on.  Tried Luminara's Cust. svc., they mailed me a different battery plate cover they thought would do the trick, but the newer cover had different fittings, which I emailed and told them...and I just didn't keep following up with them after that, and they never suggested any other resolution. So, while I love the look of the flickering flame of Luminara, I trust it less...though maybe they've improved, as they seem to get good ratings here.

Today's TSV I too wonder that these candles are looking too orange. But mostly I wish they came in size options, as I need something smaller to hang for my replacement on the deck. However, this is a great price for a very attractive large lantern look..and orange light aside...I might consider this one for indoors.  Going to go check them now.  For my deck, the only ones I found now on Q.com to hang on my deck were Luminara so I was considering giving another one a shot.

But,  I love CI quality, and how that other one lasted is amazing to me.

Honored Contributor
If the lantern had removeable candles, I wood buy two of them...I will pass on these.
Honored Contributor

I thought this was a great deal and I liked the fact that this time the door opened so you could put stuff inside for various holiday.

However, I did pass.  I was very tempted last night to get the antique bronze.   Our local Pat Catan's carries lanterns and I already have some flameless candels so I'm going to see if I can just buy the lantern to fit my candles.  Last year at the holidays they did a special purchase of a large lantern for $19.98. 

Contributor

I noticed the 3 candles were all blinking at the same time in the same pattern. That didn't appeal to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 My Luminara lantern that I purchased a few years ago had a fixed candle. I unscrewed the bottom, threw away the bottom piece and candle and put in one of my other luminaras candles. Works great. Easy to clean.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein