Frequent Contributor

TSV Heartland Fresh Fried Chicken

WHOA!  I have ordered this in the past.. One year ago for $99/auto delivery got you 24 5oz chicken breasts.... NOW today you get 9 (count em 9) 5oz chicken breasts for $69. 

This is getting outrageous.  I'll go back to my local grocer. 

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Heartland Fresh Fried Chicken

I never eat fried foods. Easy pass.

Super Contributor

I was ready to order -- and eagerly looking forward to getting these chicken breasts -- before I checked the sodium content. Egad, it was over 700 grams for each. For anyone watching their salt intake,, this probably should be a pass. A reluctant one! 

Respected Contributor

it's got zero taste, the breading separates from the so-called chicken and there was no way we could cook, air fry, bake, this cardboard chicken to have taste.  I got it a yr ago and it was mealy, mushy, and gross.  I threw it away. All but 4 pieces.  

Respected Contributor

I've purchased this for years. There is nothing so-called about it. What does that even mean? It's chicken. If the coating isn't tasty enough for you, though I find it just fine, how difficult is it to sprinkle garlic powder or other seasoning on it? 

I often use it as a base for Chicken Parmigian or cover with Buffalo sauce and use in a wrap or on top a salad. 

I have never had a problem cooking it. Never had the coating separate. I've never had mealy, mushy, or gross.

Honored Contributor

@Hoping for the best wrote:

WHOA!  I have ordered this in the past.. One year ago for $99/auto delivery got you 24 5oz chicken breasts.... NOW today you get 9 (count em 9) 5oz chicken breasts for $69. 

I have NEVER found anything nearly as good in any grocery/box store, and I have tried them all.

Respected Contributor

@Q-Checker wrote:

I was ready to order -- and eagerly looking forward to getting these chicken breasts -- before I checked the sodium content. Egad, it was over 700 grams for each. For anyone watching their salt intake,, this probably should be a pass. A reluctant one! 

I dont eat the types of food offered by QVC. From what I've seen they are loaded with fat, sodium and sugar. The American diet is terrible - its why over weight and obesity are so high in this country. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant 

QVC carries ALL kinds of food.  Many varieties of fish are very healthy.

If you are not vegan, many proteins are very good quality.

Clearly NOT everything they sell is fried and salty!

Grocery stores sell all kinds of foods as well.

It is up to each of us to determine what is best for our own health.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoping for the best wrote:

What a DEAL!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! Less than 3 lbs of chicken (5 x 9oz breasts) for ONLY $73. Comes out to about $23 for chicken breasts loaded with fat and sodium. I agree that shopping in a local grocer is a GREAT idea. The chicken I buy is ORGANIC, FRESH, and NOT frozen. BIG difference from the unhealthy chicken QVC sells.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, but it is such a mess to cook!  Especially just for 1 person.

I did not like these, Southern Chicken is not that pale, but I do use Schwan's baked breasts!

Great shortcut for meals!