Super Contributor

Re: TSV, Harry Slatkin set of 3 candles

[ Edited ]

I just love the TSV embossed jars; I'm still on the fence. My favorite type of candles to burn are large jars. I have kitties with fluffy tails that swish back and forth, so I use the candle shades that I bought at Yankee many years ago.  The cats show no interest in the candles, but the shades prevent accidents.  BTW, that GP66 Cleaner that QVC sells is fantastic for removing the soot that accumulates on the inside of the shades.  Just spray a bit on a paper towel and it removes soot immediately with no scrubbing.  I'm diligent about cleaning the inside of the shades after every use.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've finished with my candle phase.  I've outgrown so many phases, I have little left I want to buy.  Anyone else? 

His candles that i bought before are just not good, i like swan creek wax melts,but they have gone up on price.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I did order the strawberry set. Currently I'm burning Peach Upside Down Cake. There are times I can't detect an aroma.

Respected Contributor

I purchased the set like this that was a TSV around Christmas. The glass containers are beautiful but I'm kinda grumpy he does NOT offer replacement candles for them or the little Christmas tree candle either. The same with todays set. Why would i want 3 more pretty glass containers when I have 3 sitting here empty?  Please offer refills so we can use them as intended again when the candles are done.

Respected Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
Haha 😍😍😍
I agree her eye's are her daddy's just like mine. She's a sassy little doll.
Just like me hahahaha

@Grand Happy ....lol, she is a beauty.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@kittykatkay   Made sure I stayed up to watch the kickoff for this set and so glad I did because Harry also was  offering a matching set of reed diffusers so I ordered those AND the candles.  The immediate ship for the diffusers sold out.

This is the first time he has made the reed type diffusers  and it was at QVC's request.

Alberti is the Q host and is doing a great job interacting with  Harry.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 ....YAY, I am so happy you got yours before they sold out.  I was watching at midnight too and yes, Alberti is always a joy to watch.  Happy dance for you, lol.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I love candles, but it's very hard to buy them wearing a mask!

these look nice but who knows what they will smell like 

jars are so pretty

@jackthebear ....I guess we all are taking a chance on buying candles without personally smelling them first, but I always try to read the notes and decide if it is something I want to try..

I don't understand about what you said about wearing the mask....I burn candles inside my home and I do not wear a mask inside my home, but I guess some people do.  Enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

I just love the TSV embossed jars; I'm still on the fence. My favorite type of candles to burn are large jars. I have kitties with fluffy tails that swish back and forth, so I use the candle shades that I bought at Yankee many years ago.  The cats show no interest in the candles, but the shades prevent accidents.  BTW, that GP66 Cleaner that QVC sells is fantastic for removing the soot that accumulates on the inside of the shades.  Just spray a bit on a paper towel and it removes soot immediately with no scrubbing.  I'm diligent about cleaning the inside of the shades after every use.

@Northern Belle 2 ....great idea about the shades and cleaner especially if one has cats.  I only have a precious shih ztu and she mostly ignores the candles because it's all about HER, lol.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've finished with my candle phase.  I've outgrown so many phases, I have little left I want to buy.  Anyone else? 

His candles that i bought before are just not good, i like swan creek wax melts,but they have gone up on price.

@goldensrbest ...that is perfectly alright.  We all have our particular favorites.  And you are right, it seems EVERYTHING has gone up in price.  Thanks for posting.  Have a great day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

I did order the strawberry set. Currently I'm burning Peach Upside Down Cake. There are times I can't detect an aroma.

@traveler .....:YOU GO GIRL!  So did I....ordered 2 sets of the strawberry patch ones a couple of days ago.  I like fruity and I especially like the 4 wicks and with the reduced price and free shipping, I couldn't resist.

I did see last night when Alberti presented the strawberry patch candles, he stated there were not many left, so I am glad we both got them.  They will smell DEVINE.

ETA:  I also have one jar of the peach upside down cake left.  I bought those months ago along with the apple crumb cake and the limoncello cupcake.  That one is all I have left and needed more for the spring/summer.  

See the source image