Regular Contributor

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but those raised face cards

need to be "hand canceled" and do require extra postage.

HTH

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Hallmark cards

[ Edited ]

Yes..I bought cards very similar to the TSV a few years ago not knowing that extra postage had to be added. I then had to go to the Post Office to buy the extra stamps. I like the cards but won't be ordering.

Valued Contributor

I would think it would cost more to mail.

It should say on the envelope, if extra postage is required.

Have not heard any hosts mention this.

It would be nice if they addressed it,

than to have some very disappointed (and surprised) buyers.

Jean

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the reminder. I bought these several years ago. Great value, cute cards. But yes, they cost more to send, and not one of the hosts presenting them mentioned that fact.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Valued Contributor

Excellent gift for people who cannot get out to

buy cards.  

Respected Contributor

The on line description says "extra Postage" may be required

Honored Contributor

Costco sells very nice sets of similar cards which cost around $15 or $16 per boxful.

If you really want to send these kinds of cards, buy at Costco and you can spend the extra postage from the money you'll save on the purchase price.

Respected Contributor

I think it is strange that they are even offering a Christmas card TSV. There are less and less people that even send out cards anymore. Why would you not just go to a store and buy some then, they still do offer quite a few boxed sets even say at Target for instance and they seem to pretty reasonable priced, and even before Christmas they offer them on sale in plenty of time to mail them out. I do not not send cards out anymore myself but I have just looked at their selection they offer and some seem rather pretty I think.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

The TSV is so boring to me.  If I'm buying "Holiday" cards and some are Christmas, I want them to be more "religious" with Scripture and the manager scene.  If I'm sending a special card, I would buy one that said "Mom", "Son", "Sister", etc.  I've seen some beautiful Hallmark cards in their store than those in the boxes.  Just my personal opinion!

Respected Contributor

Definitely having a hard time pitching these cards.....heard just a little of the presentation, was trying to compare what you get at the dollar store to these....certainly it's not the same card but with an assortment, you normally run out of one kind and with the extra postage required, that's another $1 spent on postage.