Occasional Contributor

I'd love to learn how Shawn straightened her pony. I'd like to get the TSV, put would want to cut it a bit shorter (no problem there) and I'd like to straighten it too. I thought it looked much cuter and more realistic straightened. But I'd hate to ruin it by "frying" it. Did anyone hear Shawn say how she did it or at what temperature she used her flat iron?

Valued Contributor

@GinAgin

Shawn had the styler at QVC straighten it. You can use a tool up to

350 degrees.  Try asking Shawn on her Facebook page.

Trusted Contributor

@LolaMontez wrote:

It's a great deal.  I ordered it in red blond which perfectly matches the Caramel Blond haircolor I use.  My hair is very fine and stick straight.  I recently grew my hair out to a currently 3" ponytail just so I could wear hairpieces like these.  I prefer my hair very short, but upkeep is a pain.  I already have Toni's 2-piece clip-in poufs or whatever they're called.  I love them and wear one every day.  It takes less than 5 minutes to do my hair every morning.

Shawn was wearing the ponytail upside down which makes it look even longer and fuller. 

I think it will be fun to be able to change the pieces out depending on mood.  Who cares if people think it's not my own hair?  Not me.  Celebrities make no bones about wearing wigs of all styles and colors.  Why should we be any different?

I agree with you 100%, who else gives a darn what we wear anyways lol?  Question; when you placed your order did it say ADVANCED DELIVERY?  Mine did and it says it should be here by June 3.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV Hairpiece 5/21

[ Edited ]

@GinAgin wrote:

I'd love to learn how Shawn straightened her pony. I'd like to get the TSV, put would want to cut it a bit shorter (no problem there) and I'd like to straighten it too. I thought it looked much cuter and more realistic straightened. But I'd hate to ruin it by "frying" it. Did anyone hear Shawn say how she did it or at what temperature she used her flat iron?

Probably one of th hair styling tools that you use to straighten hair as long as it does not go above 350 degrees.  You should go for it while they still have it listed as a TSV.  You can always return if it does not suit you.

I taped the show and just now rewatched it; she said twice in the show she used a flat iron on the hairpiece, hope that helps!

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like the ponytails at all.  I have had a Toni hairpiece before.  The color is very hard to match and the clip broke almost immediately.  I purchased a Gabor wig and am very happy. Fit is great and so light I forget I have it on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Toni has certainly made the rounds on the shopping channels with these pieces.

I had the ponytail several years ago.  IMO her pieces are much more realistic in person than they look on air.  I think the studio lights make them shinier than they really are.