Respected Contributor

I prefer to custom build my laptops from the manufacturer. I get exactly what I want with the latest technology.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV- HP computers

[ Edited ]

I decided to buy the 17" HP Laptop with Office as I spend an hour researching online, reading the answers to customers questions, and no specs for the price of the TSV touched what I ordered. I even built one online and it was almost identical at almost $850.00. I ordered the red. I wanted gold but it wasn't offered with this one. QVC has no restocking fees if for any reason I didn't like it. It has the newest Windows 10 so the update is on it already. The extra software has some I would use also. We will have to post our opinions after we receive and use them. Smiley Happy

Hi, I am curious if someone knows the website Bret was using for the speed test? On the TSV
Respected Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

do not buy it. all the computers they have are older models. go to the store and buy one you can do better? just do not buy a dell. I would buy a apple never a other brand they do not last and too many problems.

I think all computer companies have products with some that  have some problems,  including MAC.  My next door neighbor purchased a MAC and has had problems with that laptop. 

As for Dell, our IT people at work will only purchase Dell computers and that is what we use.  Haven't had a problem with my work computer at all.   I also have a Dell laptop I bought as a TSV from QVC when Windows 10 first came out.  Love this laptop and have not had any problems with it at all.   I did take it into work for our IT guy to put the link that makes the Windows 10 more like Windows 7 and he was really impressed with the laptop. 

Doesn't mean every Dell out there is perfect though.  Or that Dell is any better or worse than any other company.  

I am seriously considering purchasing this computer as a Christmas present for someone.  It has everything needed and some of the software is actually something I think she would really like.  Can't decide between the mint green or lilac. lol   Decisions, decisions!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I wonder where it is we can ask them questions? Can't find it

You should go to the product # where you write a  review. The HP Team was answering questions the other day.

the only think they have is ask a question and they will email me the answer, that won't help for today. I thought they would have people on here answering questions today.

@luvmyteddy4, they are answering questions.  There are pages of questions that have been answered.

If you click on the TSV, then you have to select one...15 or 17, etc.  When that specific page comes up, scroll down to the bottom and you should see where you can type your question or read the questions and answers already there.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Regular Contributor
I ordered the 17 teal without office. I really don't use office so decided to wait and I can always add later since it was only 20.00 difference. I also checked other places including Hp and Dell websites and nothing could touch this price and what you get on this laptop. And with the guarantee of trying it out till Jan 31 there was nothing to lose. If you don't like it just send it back no questions asked for a full refund.

[ Edited ]

@Virginia0224

@Virginia0224 wrote:
Hi, I am curious if someone knows the website Bret was using for the speed test? On the TSV

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/testdrive/demos/speedreading/

Contributor

I'm excited! I ordered the PURPLE 15 inch with MS.

Curious what colors everyone else ordered?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the 17 inch in Teal. I just got notice that it shipped today. According to the tracking info it's shipping from Chongqing, China. I guess that's why the delivery date was so far out.

Contributor

Wow, that's weird it's shipping from China. Wonder why they coudln't just have it in a warehouse in the States. 

I've ordered lots of electronics online and that's never happened.

I didn't yet get tracking.

Hope we all get ours soon.