Contributor

! was very excited to read about the TSV from HP this weekend.   As I read more about it, I saw that it was priced pretty low with the extra RAM and Hard Drive.  However, the two key features that I was looking for were a back-lit keyboard and a Touchscreen.  These computers offered for the TSV don't offer either one of these features.  I bought an HP laptop 17" earlier this year that had both of these features.  My son needs a new computer, and I was going to help him buy one that had the features I listed.  Since those features were what he wanted, I won't be buying this one for him..  He has not had a new computer in a number of years and wanted these more progressive features which have been around for awhile. Be careful before you buy this TSV.  More RAM and Hard Drive are good, but are not as important as other features,  

Respected Contributor

I've had touch screens, HATE THEM.  They're constantly dirty and smudgy and I spent probably more time wiping the screen than actually doing anything on it.  I found myself using the touch screen less and less.

I was disappointed it doesn't have a backlit keyboard to, but even that's not a deal breaker.  You can get a nice lap top lap desk with built in lcd light that you aim at the keyboard.  They are especially plentiful and inexpensive at this time of year for Christmas presents.

The specs on this laptop are really impressive, especially given the price.

Respected Contributor

@deanjc  Well, I agree with @Buck-i-Nana about the touch screen.  I have one on mine at work and never use it.  Not only does it finger print up, it is not hand to reach up all the time.   A mouse is much more comfortable to use.

I've never had a back lit keyboard, so I wouldn't miss it.  I use my keyboard without looking at it anyway.

But didn't they have this same TSV yesterday?  They are having it two days in a row?  I don't watch, so if they explained I didn't hear it.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV- HP computers

[ Edited ]

The HP Laptop they had yesterday was this one as a Pre-Sale preview to buy a day early. I went on HP and made one almost like the 17" with Microsoft and it was over $849.00 using the specs and ram etc. here. I also think a touch screen and reaching across would be a pain. I love my iPad 4 with the Clamcase as reaching across is adjustable and not a pain. I am thinking about this as I have a 4 year old Toshiba that needs updating but I haven't found anything as good as this yet for the price.    I don't game on mine and I have a backlit keyboard now but either way this is not a deal breaker. It does have Bluetooth also on the TSV that I need for my wireless mouse. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
I did the same thing MKT NY and it makes you realize this is a good price Qvc is offering. My only thing I can't decide if I should get Microsoft office or not. What is anybody's opinion on that?
Respected Contributor

I use Microsoft Outlook for my mail but I would probably get the Office for the first year as it is included. Then buy the Microsoft Office CD next year that includes Outlook rather than pay $69.00 a year for it. I have Microsoft Office 2007 but I am not sure if that would be compatible with Windows 10 or not. You can download Open Office that is free if you don't need Outlook that is in the Office the TSV has. I have the AMD 8 processor and that has always been good on my laptop now. The speed test I did on my Toshiba laptop was 24 seconds. They did the Microsoft HTML Speedtest for PC on air and the TSV was 7 seconds. You can go on the Microsoft and do it on your computer you have now for free. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

hello everyone!   My desktop computer is about 17 years old. It rarely works unless you let it load for 24 hours or so. We use our iPads.i want a laptop, and I'm not to tech savvy. Is this tsv a good deal?

Regular Contributor
Yes, I feel it's a really good deal and I have been shopping around for a new computer for about 6 months and compared this computer to the HP website and it's a better price on QVC. I found one at a box store which was a HP with only a 1 terabyte and no extra software and it was $850.
Frequent Contributor

thank you for your helpful advice!

Trusted Contributor

I thought this was a good deal and purchased the 15" teal. I had been waiting for a laptop that included lifetime antivirus as does my current laptop.  I currently have a 17" Dell - only 5 years old but has always had issues. It took me all week to make a decision on the color.  I did not get office.  If I find I need it later I can purchase a version that suits my use at MS.  I will give it a try without.  I have spent much time on the internet trying to find answers to my question that don't get answered during the presentation.  I also need to get a new wifi router and am researching what I need for this computer as some routers mention versions of MS but not Windows 10.  i thought any router would work so if anyone has an insight on this...I welcome your comments. I see lots of questions on the lack of backlite keyboard and touch screen and did not feel I needed either of those and it was mention that both of those things reduce battery time.