Trusted Contributor

QVC does not program to please single individuals.  Instead, it must schedule programming across multiple time zones with millions of people turning in sporadically throughout the day.  Of course QVC is going to show its featured products frequently in order to generate as many sales as possible.

Despite what many posters here seem to believe, QVC exists to sell items and make profits.  QVC does not exist to entertain us or alleviate our boredom. 

Contributor

Regardless of the time zones, it is still shown too much.  I, for one, use to buy so much more with QVC, than I do now.  It actually makes me angry that I turn the channel when I might have been shopping to purchase.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV - HOW MANY TIMES???

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

QVC does not program to please single individuals.  Instead, it must schedule programming across multiple time zones with millions of people turning in sporadically throughout the day.  Of course QVC is going to show its featured products frequently in order to generate as many sales as possible.

Despite what many posters here seem to believe, QVC exists to sell items and make profits.  QVC does not exist to entertain us or alleviate our boredom. 

Actually you are incorrect about that.  QVC not only is trying to entertain viewers but connect with them on a pesonal level.  That's why they allow the hosts to share the personal information. That's why they require the hosts to post on FB.  It's all one big happy family at QVC.

I was doing a lot of channel flipping Saturday and every single time I flipped past QVC, they were showing that Calista tool.  They were showing it 2 and 3 times during 1 show.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV - HOW MANY TIMES???

[ Edited ]

@kat7 wrote:

Regardless of the time zones, it is still shown too much.  I, for one, use to buy so much more with QVC, than I do now.  It actually makes me angry that I turn the channel when I might have been shopping to purchase.

Me too! But since the Q seems to have turned into an infomercial channel I tune out and spend my $ somewhere else. On my Comcast program guide sometimes the shows are even listed as "paid programing"....guess that explains a LOT.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

EXACTLY this, despite what some peope may wish to believe.

Respected Contributor

I totally disagree with this poster.  I am appreciative that QVC shows their featured item numerous times.  If it's an item I'm interested in I want to make sure I see a presentation.  I'm not someone who constantly watches this channel, so I am the person they are marketing to.  I don't understand the boredom comment.  Why would you watch something you're not interested in?