Respected Contributor

Never tried Germack but it is very pricey IMO.  Wegman's sells  something called Beach Mix 2lb.10oz. for 12.99.  Mango, cranberries, banana chips, almonds, cashews, coconut, yogurt raisins, and dried cherries.  It's addicting and delicious!!  You can always add your own chocolates!

Honored Contributor

I like Germack.  And I like the size of their containers and the fact that, if left sealed, they will last up to a year......in case I stash one away somewhere!!!!!  I ordered the winter mix (for the third years in a row, I believe).

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Germack

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed in the Germack summer set TSV I received. I tried two of them and the cranberries, raisins, and blueberries were all tiny and not as moist as usual. I cancelled the two other shipments I was going to get of the Winter Set. I was hoping they would be better than the last time I ordered. 

@bargainsgirl The next time I am at Wegman's I will look for the Beach Mix you suggested. The Germack is expensive and definitely not worth the money in what I received.

**I ended up emailing QVC and they refunded my money. Great Customer Service!

Honored Contributor

Same thing for me too; the demo looks wonderful showing  all the  individual things but when I got mine, all the nuts were in small pieces and then there was the dust from the nuts on all the other things. Cancelled right away and SHOULD have called CS to get my $$ back--I just used it in baking. What a scam!!! Wonder who was tossing the jars around to get them in such sad shape!!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirlNo question there are cheaper alternatives, but I'm happy my Germack summers are safely in my refrig since Friday.  I think the nearest Wegman's to me is at least 6 hours away,  and I definitely have no desire for that much of one mixture.  Even Trader Joe is over a half hour away and for the quantities I buy of almost anything, the only time I bother is when I'm headed that way for more than one store.  They do have some good mixtures in a smaller quantity, but it's still more of one kind than I want for myself.

I also love that the Germack is in 6 separate jars already because even to use up that amount, several of them will be going for little house gifts.  A piece of ribbon and I'm done.  Lazy, yes, but I'm really pleased and that's what counts.

Respected Contributor

You mean the berries & raisins weren't as plump as they appeared on TV and the nuts weren't the big pieces shown???? Why am I not surprised? I wonder if they make "special batches" for the on air presentations of food sold on QVC?