Frequent Contributor

So I'm finally seeing an actual presentation of this convertible backpack bag. I have to say that the concept is great and I would definitely consider purchasing it if the hardware was in silver instead of gold. Why isn't it offered with silver hardware? That's a real bummer.

Valued Contributor

It's a super cute bag. I am partial to silver hardware myself.

Super Contributor
Because Gold is and will always look more upscale and high-end. Hence what this GILI line is suppose to be all about and what Lisa loved. However with GILI continuing to go forward, I'm sure now customers will be seeing what they want with this line cause Lisa's style will no longer be an issue. My opinion, this line is going to tank without Lisa's creations behind it. It just doesn't sell like it used to without her.
Regular Contributor
On 3/26/2015 TrailBlazer05 said: Because Gold is and will always look more upscale and high-end. Hence what this GILI line is suppose to be all about and what Lisa loved. However with GILI continuing to go forward, I'm sure now customers will be seeing what they want with this line cause Lisa's style will no longer be an issue. My opinion, this line is going to tank without Lisa's creations behind it. It just doesn't sell like it used to without her.

I disagree. If GILI continues with high-end, well made products that are affordable with an even greater sense of style as in the high-end stores, I think they will do phenomenal. Good for them! And...good for us shoppers who like this style.

Regular Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Shar Beth said:
On 3/26/2015 TrailBlazer05 said: Because Gold is and will always look more upscale and high-end. Hence what this GILI line is suppose to be all about and what Lisa loved. However with GILI continuing to go forward, I'm sure now customers will be seeing what they want with this line cause Lisa's style will no longer be an issue. My opinion, this line is going to tank without Lisa's creations behind it. It just doesn't sell like it used to without her.

I disagree. If GILI continues with high-end, well made products that are affordable with an even greater sense of style as in the high-end stores, I think they will do phenomenal. Good for them! And...good for us shoppers who like this style.

I wanted to add one more thing. With truly no disrespect in my question, do you have an insider track to their sales numbers for GILI since Lisa has been gone?

Honored Contributor
Looking at some of the videos of the backpack, it appears like the flap has a tendency to curl along the sides when it's held as a handbag slouching like a hobo bag. I recall reading some reviews about returns because the flap doesn't stay flat-curling on both sides.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Chi-town girl said: Looking at some of the videos of the backpack, it appears like the flap has a tendency to curl along the sides when it's held as a handbag slouching like a hobo bag. I recall reading some reviews about returns because the flap doesn't stay flat-curling on both sides.

I have the larger backpack but haven't carried it yet and noticed that the flap did curl a little where it hits the hardware, doesn't bother me much but did notice what you are talking about myself. Chi did you get the new bag? I got two, the snowleopard is already on its way to me and today I caved and bought it in black. Ugh! I must stop shopping!

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Shar Beth said:

Are you aware of the recent significant price increases across the line, just as JM was hired? It's no longer the offer of "value and affordability" as it was a year ago. It's a house brand- not designer, certainly not Gucci given the persistent quality issues. Just sad & disappointing on multiple levels.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor
On 3/26/2015 Chi-town girl said: Looking at some of the videos of the backpack, it appears like the flap has a tendency to curl along the sides when it's held as a handbag slouching like a hobo bag. I recall reading some reviews about returns because the flap doesn't stay flat-curling on both sides.

Thanks Chi-town girl for pointing this out.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure I agree that gold always looks more upscale and high-end. I have several high end bags (as well as low) and some I believe would not look as good with the gold hardware. JMO. But, I would think that QVC and the brands they carry would want to appeal to the masses and I think they would have potentially sold more of these bags if one could also choose between gold and silver hardware. Again....JMO.