Valued Contributor

Re: TSV - Exercise Equipment -- Any Thoughts?

@MKR14 wrote:

Merry Christmas to you also.

I am 71 now and it is more important every day to move. I love music and my Alexa has great sound so it seems the exercise isn't so bad anymore. My A-Fib is better and my cardiologist was happy also. I have my weight only 20 pounds more than when I married 55 years ago. I have been retired so I never have gained weight being home.
I am now trying to teach my daughter and granddaughter to start doing some exercises to keep problems away later. I even offered to walk with them in the spring when the weather is better.

I have to say there are some very important people in my life and many are here on this forum. They are kind, helpful, and make us laugh. Don't sit and stay sad or lonely as we always can make you feel better. 👍🎄

My "hearts" would not work today on my iPad. Some days they work. Anyone else have that problem? Just wanted to say I like what you said and I agree with you.

Super Contributor

I bought this about 5 months ago but had to send it back because I had a hip replacement.  It was annoying because Jen Coffey did not mention anything about not being able to use it if you had a hip or knee replacement

Honored Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I bought this about 5 months ago but had to send it back because I had a hip replacement.  It was annoying because Jen Coffey did not mention anything about not being able to use it if you had a hip or knee replacement

That is definitely something that should be mentioned.  It's not even listed in the online description either.

Esteemed Contributor

My naturopath has the full size machines to use on a drop in basis. There is a sign posted to NOT use if you've had joint replacement surgery as it can loosen the artificial joint.

If you're starting out, you can use the most gentle setting and add a pillow or cushion to the plate. Every machine I've used from my plate to the professional models has a timer limited to 10 minutes. They reccomend no more than 20 minutes, max.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

There aren't nearly enough warnings posted on the tsv. 

Anyone with any type of cardiovascular issues should not use 

total body vibration. Studies have shown it can elevate blood 

pressure and could be dangerous for anyone who has had a stroke

or a blood clot of any kind. People with pacemakers should not use it. 

Anyone with any kind of implanted device shouldn't use it. It can also 

predispose to irregularities in heartbeat so shouldn't be used by anyone

with atrial fibrillation. 

Osteoporosis is a contraindication as well. Degenerative disc or joint

disease. 

There isn't nearly enough information about the strength of the vibrations. 

Low, medium, and high tells you nothing. 

Unfortunately, this is one of those trendy pieces of equipment that many 

people should never use. 

Respected Contributor

FitNation Vibration platform?

NOPE, hard Pass....Tony Little has a far better vibration platform.

Wider, curved, and comes with several instructional DVDs.

I love mine. Love it.

Respected Contributor

I thought this type of equipment was supposed to be helpful for bones.  I have osteopenia and want to do whatever I can to help with that.  BUT I have episodes of vertigo....and am not sure that I could tolerate something vibrating.  I fear it might cause the crystals in the inner ear to move around bringing on vertigo attacks.  Thoughts on this anyone??? either bones or BPPV issues?

I wouldn't want to buy one from Q....the return shipping would be crazy....at least over at A I could get one possible with free returns.  

Super Contributor

I got a really good one, a few months ago, on Amazon.  Life time warranty.  I have a hip, I'm trying to rehab, without getting replaced.  It has helped immensly during this pandemic.  Start slowly, and work up to 10 min.  I can be on mine 30-40 min a day now.  But, I do it in 10-15 min clips.  Makes you feel really good.  Mine is a LifePro brand.  I would reccommend it.  You don't want a cheap one, take my word for it.

Respected Contributor

Nope, not for me. Looks like it would rattle my brain. 
it looks like it vibrates very fast even on low.

ill pass. I use a glider and indoor bicycle. 

Regular Contributor

@geezerette you are automatically enrolled IF you download the app on your phone.