Honored Contributor

TSV - Exercise Equipment -- Any Thoughts?

Does anyone have this, or is anyone ordering this?  Just wondering what others think of this. Does this look like something that would be good to have?  Do you think it's a decent price?  I'm thinking about getting a fairly inexpensive peice of equipment, which is not large and cumbersome and not hard to use.  Trying to figure out what.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV - Exercise Equipment -- Any Thoughts?

you can use Leslie Sansone's. walk at home for free, on your TV/computer via youtube

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed!   I also do Leslie Sansones Walk at Home DVD's, they are great!   We do also own a treadmill that we bought around 20 years ago.  We bought an expensive one that many gyms used at the time, a Trotter.   We invested in it but it is still working like a charm, worth every penny.   Remember do your research before purchasing, if it's cheap, it's junk.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If you're referencing the FitNation vibrator piece, I was looking at it and was potentially interested.

But when I read about the automatic enrollment subscription, I backed off.  I don't participate in those.  Give me the option to enroll, don't do it automatically and make me cancel (or try to) if I'm not interested.

I'll wait to see some of the presentations to see about the product and this program, but right now, it's a 'No' for me based on the online description.

Honored Contributor

Of all the pieces of exercise equipment which I have bought in my lifetime, I have to say I use my Nano Gym chair the most. It doesn't cost a lot and you can fold it away easily when not in use. I have the one with the swivel seat and large foot plate ('Supreme' model).

Esteemed Contributor

I've been doing whole body vibration for several years and bought a plate similar to this last spring when my naturopath shut his doors.

I got mine on the A, holds the same weight capacity but has 8 presets and more levels of intensity. Mine is dual motor meaning it has an oscillation function as well. I think I paid $250 w/free ship. These are about 45lbs and UPS will drop off at your door but you have to bring it in.

Great for circulation and lymphatic drainage. I don't have the seat attachment but if you are agile you can sit on the plate. You can lay on the floor and prop your feet on the plate or use power bands for upper body strength.

DO NOT use this if you've had knee or hip replacement. HTH!

Respected Contributor

I agree with @SilleeMee about the Nano Gym Chair Supreme. I think we actually got ours around the same time. I bought an extra set of cords but found I haven't even worn even 1 of the original cords out in the years I have owned it. I love how this swivel seat works the waist. It is made very sturdy also.

I have Tony Little Gazelle Sprint Master Glider and love it. I just put on my favorite Pandora music station on Alexa and work out. I set a timer for 30 minutes and the time flies by.  Between the two of these it covers it all.

I also have Marie Osmonds Body Bar if I am too lazy to do the other 2.

I have the set of Leslie Sansone's walking tapes and they are an excellent workout. I have been walking 1-2 times a day for over a year and feel better than I ever did. I have medical conditions that exercising makes them better.

Hope you find what is good for you.
Happy Holidays to all.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Does anyone have this, or is anyone ordering this?  Just wondering what others think of this. Does this look like something that would be good to have?  Do you think it's a decent price?  I'm thinking about getting a fairly inexpensive peice of equipment, which is not large and cumbersome and not hard to use.  Trying to figure out what.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!  

Amazon has many vibration plate exercise machines with lots of reviews. Good Luck!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@MKR14 

I thought it was you! I remember our discussions about our Nano Gyms a while back. That chair has really helped me keep up my strength. I'm 65 and I know how important it is to keep our muscles from going away! We work 3X harder than when we were 20 but it seems we only get to keep only part of the muscles we had back then...sigh! 

Merry Christmas! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Merry Christmas to you also.

I am 71 now and it is more important every day to move. I love music and my Alexa has great sound so it seems the exercise isn't so bad anymore. My A-Fib is better and my cardiologist was happy also. I have my weight only 20 pounds more than when I married 55 years ago. I have been retired so I never have gained weight being home.
I am now trying to teach my daughter and granddaughter to start doing some exercises to keep problems away later. I even offered to walk with them in the spring when the weather is better.

I have to say there are some very important people in my life and many are here on this forum. They are kind, helpful, and make us laugh. Don't sit and stay sad or lonely as we always can make you feel better. 👍🎄