Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Emeril Air Fryer Looks Almost Exactly Like Cook's Essentials Air Fryer

I bet they are built by the same company. 

Super Contributor

I thought they are really stretching it with the 'if bought separately @ retail' price claim -- the appliance itself is worth about $140 and the small cake pan is worth about $50?

The user manual indicates this is manufactired by Kalorik which is a very good and respected brand so the value may be there for the fryer itself.  But they sure could have done better with bonus incentive pieces LOL.

Respected Contributor

It always cracks me up when the celebrity hosts act like they are working hard at night in the garage designing building these things for the customers....

Folks...they are ALL made in CHINA, probably by the same company....nothing different but the stick on labels and the slightly different position of the controls...

Slightly off topic, but I was in Walmart today, and at the checkout they had a display of "Seen on TeeVee" items .....lots of the stuff that we see on TV right now, most for that magical price point of 19.99 ( so people won't think of taking these obvious gimmicks BACK when they find out they are just that...gimmicks...)

TAC sunglasses, TAC flashlights ( that you can drive a Hummer over!!!)  wonderous hoses that don't allegedly kink or leak, frying pans with destruction-proof coatings in all colors, flex-****** in a can, roll, tube etc, tabletop AC gizmos, just a wall of gimmicks.

Air fryers are just a different shaped convection cookery item. That'd be too boring to say on air, so we get Emeril ( who would NEVER use or even allow one of these things in his restaurants on a bet)....hawking them like their some new device that will make everyone cook frozen mozarella sticks like a "gourmet" chef..... or maybe heat up a bag of the "pot raost" stuff he was selling yesterday..OMG...Pot Roast? About the easiest meal to cook yourself.....

I suppose if they said "convection cookers" people wouldn't go nuts about them being from Emeril, Paula, Cooks Essentials, CopperKrap, George Forman,  etc....

I only bring this up because over my liftime, I was hoodwinked by the best of them....Ron Popiel.....the SQUEAKY impossibel to clean rotisserie!  And the George Forman grill. Two items that will go down in gimmick history...that I was tricked into buying!!!!!

My only regret  is that I think of inventing them FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!