Occasional Contributor

TSV Earth Origins Wide Calf size of circumference

Hello,

I'm new to these forums,  but I'm seeing if I can make sure I'm understanding something correctly.  

Today's TSV is the Earth Origins boot and I need a wider calf, but it seems that the wide calf is only one inch wider than the regular.  Is that right?  Am I missing something?

Also, I purchased the Aimée Kestenberg bad TSV the other day.  Do you know if that leather is polishable?

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Earth Origins Wide Calf size of circumference

[ Edited ]

Yes, the boots are one inch difference.

Also, welcome to the boards. 😀😀

Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  I wish there were a larger difference between the regular and wide calf. An inch is so negligible.  

I appreciate the welcome!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

At its widest place the wide calf is 17 inches - 1 inch wider down the shaft than the 16 inch. It also has neoprene stretch up the back and a bit of give at the top of the 14 inch high shaft. Watch the video on the item description her on the website. It gives the details. Welcome

Contributor

Most of the boots I've seen for a regular or medium sized calf have been in the 14-15 in. range and these are 16 which seems oversized to me.  I like the navy suede, but I have a 13 in. calf and I'm worried they will look sloppy on me.  But that may explain why there's only an inch difference between the two.  Seventeen inches may be average for a wide shaft boot, but 16 in. for the average seems a bit overly generous.  I'm not sure.

Contributor

I have a 15" calf and I am not sure if I should order the wide or regularl width to wear with leggings or skinny jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@dotgirl wrote:

I have a 15" calf and I am not sure if I should order the wide or regularl width to wear with leggings or skinny jeans.

The host I saw present these boots said she is a size 14 with an athletic calf.  She had jeans tucked all the way down and still had plenty of room. It would have been helpful to know her calf measurement . 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@debcakes wrote:

@dotgirl wrote:

The host I saw present these boots said she is a size 14 with an athletic calf.  She had jeans tucked all the way down and still had plenty of room. It would have been helpful to know her calf measurement . 

If it was Carolyn, she said she was wearing the wide shaft but didn't say what her calf measurement was.  She had her jeans tucked inside and it looked to me like she had plenty of room. 

Contributor

I saw that same presentation. It would be extremely helpful to know what size calf the host and the models have and which width they are wearing.

Respected Contributor

I guess it's who is wearing them...Leah's outfit did not do those boots any justice.