Esteemed Contributor

Description says 75% duck down.  During the presentation did anyone hear what the other 25% is?

Esteemed Contributor

Most often when it not specified it is feather.  I have never seen a down-poly mix.

Esteemed Contributor

That was my thought too.  The comforters I have are 100% down.  I've had pillows that were down with duck feathers and the stems of the feathers struck through, but that's pillows.  Not sure this would matter on a comforter.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you are right about poking.

The other to notice is sizing of the quilting.  I have down vests and would never accept something that poorly made.  They settle.

Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest anyone who is considering purchasing this comforter,  has not shopped for down before to comparison shop and familiarize yourself with the differences in "down" comforter filling. I would be hesitant about a product that does not disclose exactly what 100% of the filling is.  I love down and have down comforters and throws so that is my suggestion.  

Respected Contributor

I love my NN blankets, but the baffles on the TSV are to big.  The down will fall to one corner.  I wish they wouldnt cheapen these blankets.  They were perfect as they were.  Higher prices  and lower quality.

Respected Contributor

I have several of the older version of these blankets.  So does my sister and mother.  We're all having the same problem....all the filling it popping out.  We find feathers all over our bedrooms.  Won't purchase again...especially at these prices.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I have several of the older version of these blankets.  So does my sister and mother.  We're all having the same problem....all the filling it popping out.  We find feathers all over our bedrooms.  Won't purchase again...especially at these prices.

The price is outlandish I agree.

Trusted Contributor
I’ve had a down comforter from northern nights for about 25 years. I’ve never had a bit of trouble with it. Nothing comes out. It’s very overstuffed. I even washed it in the machine when a puppy had an accident on it. I love that thing. I ordered the pink twin for on the couch for my birthday. Looking forward to getting it. 😊
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@ScrapHappy   I have a down comforter from Company Store that I've probably used for at least ten years.  Feathers have never come out of it.  I've washed it in the machine, too.  The boxes look like they're smaller on the Company Store comforter, too, which is nicer.  They're 12".  The QVC comforter doesn't say what size the boxes are.  They're having a 20% off sale right now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau