Respected Contributor

I once bought a TSV  Clark shoe that had terrible reviews.  I actually received an email or letter from QVC offering free returns.  The sizing was off and reviews were all complaining about the same thing.  That is the only time Q reached out to me in 15 years offering a full refund if I returned.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm sure that over my  almost 30 years as a QVC customer, I have bought TSV's that were a disaster, even a complete bust.  So what ?????  Those items probably amount to less than 1% of all my purchases because I don't buy every TSV.  I buy very few TSV's because, honestly, the price break on TSV's is not so great.  I'm not a QVC hater the way some posters are.  I don't look for stuff to complain about.  QVC, actually all the shopping channels and Amazon have enhanced my life and made it possible for me to have the things I want and need delivered to my door with a few key strokes so it doens't matter at to me that ocassionally I get dud.  

@chrystaltree i’ve been a Q shopper since day one.  33 years, and the unfortunate thing is that I’ve watched the change in management direct the station differently, and IMO, the last 10 years+ not for the better.  The QC was once top notch and could be trusted to make sure you received a tested inspected product.  Their product offerings were more varied, and the TSVs definitely a better value, more often than they are now.   

I still purchase, but a fraction of the time I once did.  With all the competition,  QVC could have continued to lead the way, since they were one of the originals.   I feel they did just the opposite.

I finally stopped using my Q card this year..... better late than never, since it offers nothing.  I never use easy pay so nothing there for me. No coupons, deals or specials for card holders or long time members.  

I wish them well , but I think newer better management or more creativity is needed.  

QVC really needs to institute some kind of loyality or rewards program for Q card holders. every other retailer has some kind of perks, whether 20 percent discount days, or reward points. Its ridiculous that the only advantage of a Q card is EZ pay which I do not even use because I like to pay things off right away.  The Q Card seems to only be a help to those maxed out on credit and need to spread payments over 6 months.

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

TSVs definitely do not sell out as quickly or in the high numbers they did years ago.

You’d think that would tell them something!

@GenXmuse , @Daysdee This could be attributed to the fact that there are more shopping options online and the rise of the big box store. I’m sure that any Amazon Prime member like me always checks Amazon before purchasing something from QVC. I may even find a similar product with better features for a lesser price during that check. There were only a couple thousand

Walmarts in the country and no Targets when QVC first started.

@MaryLamb 

I wouldnt put a halo on Amazon....talk about pricing games....😆 and what one of their very own Executives said, they are counting on consumers thinking their prices are always the best, but they aren't and flucate their prices......So I would comparion shop at more places than just Amazon...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Disasters!

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

the last my pillow tsv, a few weeks ago.

Same. Worst TSV purchase ever for me. That pillow was downright awful in every way. Sent it back. Reviews couldn’t even make it to two stars.

@Maltichonmom17  @iwrite @Catch71 

I needed to replace the pillow I used....I tried many many expensive brands and styles....all were awful and the My Pillow is the only one that's worked for me.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Cordless Dyson TSV....Qvc and the vendor dont bother discussing power modes....their hour run time is on the LOWEST power mode. Of course they don't mention that at all.  Read the independent reviews on Google and run time on the HIGHEST setting, some said 8-10 minutes on carpet..with a house with pets, and others said in ideal conditions 30 minutes ....Its a lot of money...PLEASE research it...And I heard the same from others too, co-workers.....on this Forum, and on FB.  I have a SHARK corded I am pleased with.  And when the battery goes no replacement....of course they say it will last 15 yrs, mmmmm.....their warranty is only 2 yrs.....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MaryLamb.  I ordered the Sketcher wedge heel sandal that was the TSV about a week ago.  It came today and the box had one of the stickers on it that are used on returned merchandise.  Another customer had a similar complaint.  I think I read one favorable review on that lacey Breezie bra of two weeks ago, and a ton of one-star reviews.

@Kachina624 

I found out Skechers had no support...they hurt my feet...😒

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

TSVs definitely do not sell out as quickly or in the high numbers they did years ago.

@GenXmuse , @Daysdee This could be attributed to the fact that there are more shopping options online and the rise of the big box store. I’m sure that any Amazon Prime member like me always checks Amazon before purchasing something from QVC. I may even find a similar product with better features for a lesser price during that check. There were only a couple thousand Walmarts in the country and no Targets when QVC first started.

@MaryLamb 

So what your saying means to me, is that QVC lost some of their market share due in part not to keeping up with the times. 

And I also think it's their limited product selection....the same products over and and over....at some point there's a saturation point that the customers that wanted it, got it and but Qvc keeps bringing the same stuff back....week after week, month after month, and year after year...

And with chord cutting, many people no longer have cable to see something on QVC as they flip through channelsm so their potential audience has shrunk..(.this was even mentioned in a recent press conference)......So relying on new customers isnt going to bring in a big number of sales...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

@GenXmuse , @Daysdee This could be attributed to the fact that there are more shopping options online and the rise of the big box store. I’m sure that any Amazon Prime member like me always checks Amazon before purchasing something from QVC. I may even find a similar product with better features for a lesser price during that check. There were only a couple thousand Walmarts in the country and no Targets when QVC first started.

@MaryLamb 

So what your saying means to me, is that QVC lost some of their market share due in part not to keeping up with the times. 

And I also think it's their limited product selection....the same products over and and over....at some point there's a saturation point that the customers that wanted it, got it and but Qvc keeps bringing the same stuff back....week after week, month after month, and year after year...

And with chord cutting, many people no longer have cable to see something on QVC as they flip through channelsm so their potential audience has shrunk..(.this was even mentioned in a recent press conference)......So relying on new customers isnt going to bring in a big number of sales...

--------------

Talk about saturation...there are many of the same products being presented on both QVC and HSN channels...David's Cookies, Clarks shoes, Dooney/Burke, Plexiderm, Lessman vitamins, IT Cosmetics, Dalton cosmetics, Vince Camuto and several others... 

QVC is competing with HSN for the same customers - even though they are under the same company umbrella.  Don't see how that helps either channel's numbers!  They used to present and sell products unique to each channel. Now so many are exactly the same...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

I know others who have said the same thing, however, the last TSV was a real dud; check the reviews ( H220335) I seriously think something had to be wrong with that whole batch as others who reviewed  said they had other My Pillows that were great but not this one.

Glad you are enjoying yours.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@Spurt 

I know others who have said the same thing, however, the last TSV was a real dud; check the reviews ( H220335) I seriously think something had to be wrong with that whole batch as others who reviewed  said they had other My Pillows that were great but not this one.

Glad you are enjoying yours.

Agreed. I think most of the disappointment in the My Pillow TSV was from customers who know and love the brand and felt that by comparison, this one fell short of MP quality standards. I know people tend to either love them or hate them, but up to now I have always been on team My Pillow. As a matter of fact, I’m still sleeping on my three year old MP, but this latest incarnation is indeed a real dud.