Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV - Denim & Co for 9/6 just posted...

The fabric content I believe is the same as Laurie Felts silky jeans.  I was always tempted on purchasing LF but never sure what size. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard one host say, can't remember which one, that they only brought in 85,000 jeans total and that was the only order of the season...no more coming in after these are sold out unfortunately. 85,000 doesn't seem like it's enough to me to be called a TSV.Woman Frustrated

Carolyn said they only brought in 81,000. If people are buying multiples because they are not sure of size, that makes it harder to get your size and color. Carolyn made sense about the colors of dark wash and dark indigo but the website is different. They said straight legs but on some models it appeared to have a slight flare. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, the time has come to keep 2 pairs and cancel 2 pairs.  Which size to order?  If ANYONE here is between numeric sizes (mine happen to be 16 and 18), and ordered these, please chime in about which you ordered.  And if you just have any suggestions, I'll take those too.  The measurements look very small for the 16 (for my body), but the last time I ordered an 18W, they were huge!  Thanks all!

And I didn't hear one mention by anyone during the presentations about this.  Usually they will mention "if you're in between sizes, we recommend..."  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10000Nicknames 

I'm in between sizes and I ordered one size down from my normal Q size (4) b/c there is a lot of stretch plus some of the reviewers of another pair of jeans made with the Easy Stretch fabric said they could go down a size if they wanted.

Jeans will always stretch out after wearing them for a while. I don't care for the look of baggy jeans on me and prefer my jeans to be fitted so I always get them snug to begin with.

Honored Contributor

I've been wondering........it would be nice if they could email customers and ask to re-confirm their color choice.  Solid Indigo, solid Black, or 'Wash' options.  Since they won't ship out for several days, anyway.  

I haven't figured out (statistically) how that would work out, or 'even out' in the long run,  though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Atiya wrote:

These looked dreadful on Carolyn -- much too tight, too long and so wrinkled looking. May have looked better if she had gone up a size.  

@Atiya I thought these looked great on Carolyn.  They weren't tight at all IMO.  Carolyn did say she was wearing the tall because that's what they had for her but she ordered them in the regular length.  I didn't see them being wrinkled on her either.  

Honored Contributor

@LibbyLib wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Petites are selling out already. I just ordered 3 petite pairs. Then I saw Elise, who is 5'2" wearing petite, and noticed they look ankle length to me so that made me order the regular length, too. So I got 6 pairs total. I need to try them on and then decide which length(s) to keep. Gary said this is the only order this season so that's why I'm getting 6 pairs now, use PayPal to pay for them and have PayPal refund me the return shipping so I won't feel so bad about the returns I'll be making.

@SilleeMee Interesting...How does that work with returns/PayPal?? ~ I can use PayPal too and will do from now on if that means they refund return ship costs? But doesn't the refund come from QVC??

@amyb 

Search for this in google:

PayPal Return Shipping On Us 

Follow the directions there and be sure to read the part about "Exclusions" at the bottom of that screen. There are some limitations with using their service.

@SilleeMee @amyb Yes, the exclusions are important - only 12 eligible purchases per year. That's like 1 per month. Something, but not the big score I thought when I read your first message! It's Sept - if you've been buying multiples like this all year, you're probably at your limit, no? Thanks for the tip - definitely going to use it on certain purchases I feel are long shots. Excellent tool

"Exclusions apply. This is an exclusive offer offered to eligible holders of U.S. accounts with PayPal. Activate Return Shipping on Us. Once the service is activated, participants may receive a refund or create a free return shipping label, for up to $30 on 12 eligible purchases of tangible items per calendar year (January 1st - December 31st) on qualifying returns in accordance with seller’s return policy. PayPal reserves the right to cancel or modify part of or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in their sole discretion. Other limitations apply. See full terms and conditions."

On topic, the color issue is frustrating and likely contributed to the early out of stock and waitlisting - many folks had to order multiples to make sure they get what they want, and are returning the other(s). Thinking this blunder by Q will result in many "as is" opportunities!

@LibbyLib , I don't return that often but $30.00 per year limit could amount to 2 or 3 returns, depending on what you are returning and where.

I also have an awful time trying to get my return shipping refund from PP with Q returns if I use the label.   It is much easier to pay for the return yourself than to use the return label because of the way Q issues refunds.  However, paying on your own often costs more than using the return label so it's a catch 22.    

Honored Contributor

Yes, keep us updated re: the color choices.  Solid vrs. Washed options.  

As I've said before, I love these jeans.  Would (eventually) like the two solid options.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

After going back and forth all day yesterday, I finally ordered the larger of my "in between" sizes.  I may regret it.  Only because the measurements for the smaller size were even SMALLER than usual for that size.  I suppose that's because they're so stretchy.  I hate tight jeans and I also hate baggy jeans.  I guess I just can't make me happy!!  LOL

Respected Contributor

Anybody receive these yet that ordered dark wash or indigo that can advise which was the one with contrast stitching and which was the one with tonel stitching??

I know there was some confusion that the website might be wrong, confusion in the presentations with the hosts and Gary...never seemed to get resolved when I watched.

I wound up not ordering because of it...however was curious as I still might do so since I kept one pair on check in case we found out..