Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV - Denim & Co for 9/6 just posted...

If someone could help with sizing, I'd really appreciate it. I only own DG2 jeans. Size 16W. Would you suggest 16 or 18 in these? Carry my weight in the middle more than anywhere, bit pretty balanced. Going by the measurements never seems to work for me. Thanks for any help!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going one size down. If you look at the extended waist measurement in the garment measurement chart there is quite a bit of stretch. For a size 16 it looks like the waist extends (stretches) 8 inches beyond the relaxed length. So I would say not to size up and stay with your normal size or consider going down a size if you want them more fitted. @10000Nicknames 

Also, I read some of the reviews for jeans made with the same fabric and they were saying the jeans are very stretchy and that they could have sized down.

Trusted Contributor

@10000Nicknames @Hi I might be able to help because we wear the same size  even though it sound like our builds are different. I wear a 16w in dg2 flexstretch and virtual stretch, 18w in classic stretch which isn't as stretchy. I need it for the hips and thighs (very hippy with large thighs) more than for the waist. I find DG2 to be VERY stretchy, more than other jeans, and she cuts an extra full waist IMO. Sometimes that's a problem for me.

Most Denim & Co jeans I've worn have been 18w, same as Isaac and Susan Graver (a 14w or 16w in NYDJ depending on the fabric). The fabrics aren't as stretchy as DG2 and are usually mostly cotton blended with poly and a small % of spandex. These have a different fabric content though with all the rayon (they should be really soft). For that reason I would recommend watching the presentation tonight if you can, where HOPEFULLY they'll talk about sizing and fit. And hopefully they'll also clarify the fabric content.

I love jeans, they're my uniform and I have way too many. But the right fit is so important and that can be hard to get!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @That's good to know!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all the tips! I really appreciate it. I'm going to see what they say at midnight about the fit. Hopefully, that will seal the deal. 

Honored Contributor

I have too many denim pants .... otherwise I'd be interested.

Frequent Contributor

Gary and Kourtney: pleeeez talk about sizing!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ordered mine in 14 petite, medium wash. Not that I really needed more jeans....oh wait yes I do. Because I had to toss out a pair of light wash skinny jeans. Sat on an M & M for at least an hour in my recliner. Oops. 😄 it melted on my pants, not in my mouth  haha. That stain wouldn't come out no matter what. Faintly but definitely brown. In an area where it resembled another type of accident. Not the look I'm going for. 🤣

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

The sizes keep changing on all the jeans so I don't trust ordering them. Too bad...they look nice.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I watched and waited....and still don't know what size to order. Anyone know if 16 is Bridgett's regular size? I hate returning stuff.