Honored Contributor

Re: TSV - Denim & Co for 9/6 just posted...

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I like these jeans but am stumped that they say "air dry". I have never seen this for a jean before.  It will take forever to dry in the winter.  Can't they be put in the dry on the air only cycle?

@lovesallanimals    These jeans are 23% Elastane, which is the same as Spandex. That's a lot. Dryer heat destroys any sort of elastic.  You should never put anything containing a lot of elastic in the dryer.  Air only should be fine. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

These seem to look 'perfect' for me.  Like the idea of a stretchable waist.

Can't wait to see the presentations.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I am hesitant to order these jeans as they are line dry.  What happened to Denim & Co"s easy wear, easy care?  Too much elastane will mean a very tight fit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just took a look at the fabric content and to me it appears to be wrong. This is what it says for the (non-black) jeans:

"Content: Indigo 78% cotton/21% elastane/13% polyester/7% rayon"

If you do the math those numbers don't add up to 100% so I believe the elastane content is only 2% and not the 21% shown. I think it's a misprint.

ETA- THEY FIXED IT.

Honored Contributor

For anyone interested in the black denim, note that black denim is a different fabric content and may feel and fit slightly different than the other colors.   

Super Contributor

I miss HSN's Cerville denim leggings.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they look terrific and I am thinking about ordering a couple of pairs - but I am having a hard time trying to decide between two sizes. I am really tired of wearing jeans that fit more like leggings, but I don't like baggy jeans, either. I love the 30" length and the style. If I get it wrong and need another size, I know they will be sold out. Sigh...

Trusted Contributor

@Angie168 @Isn't elastase the same as spandex????

Honored Contributor

Spandex and Lycra are brand names for the material called elastane. They are the same.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @I thought so, thanks. The stated fabric content has to be a mistake - must be 2% elastane not 21%. We might not even see that much spandex in performance leggings let alone jeans. 
But these jeans do look nice!