Respected Contributor

I kind of like the look although I don't usually wear prints like these. I've been getting emails announcing it for about a week now and have been on the fence. Now that I see the fabric, I'll opt out. I have another top like this for the winter and I think it's flattering for my pear shape...at least my mirrors say it is. I live in the south and, with our 100 degree temps, I know the 38% rayon breaks the deal. I don't need anything to make me sweat. In the winter, it's fine because I can always use a little more heat. I also found that this fabric pills quite a bit. If this was their regular 95 cotton/5 spandex, I would get one and probably two. I'm guessing D&C will be using this fabric mix quite a bit now, apparently it's a lot more inexpensive to add rayon into the mix.

Honored Contributor

I do not like fit and flare tops. I think they accentuate hips which is the widest part of my body. 

Respected Contributor

Finally a TSV knit top offered in Petite!  Unfortunately the Fit and Flare style is not for me, and I do not care for the prints.  Looks matronly to me.  I think this actually accentuates the hips, not what I want to do!

Respected Contributor

I can't wear fit and flare since I carry weight in my waist.  They look awful on me.  I don't care for the prints except the taupe animal but this is a pass for me.  If you have small hips and small waist with no midriff issues, it looks fine.  On me?  Nope.

Respected Contributor

This top is a "roll" alert.

If you are trim, this top is for you.   Any excessive baggage will accentuate what you are looking hide but if you're not trying to hide it, go for it.

,,,and why are D&C prints looking like "medical" print tops lately.

Respected Contributor

Oh gosh, that's what I was afraid of. I carry most of my weight in the hip area. What I thought I was hiding is possibly accentuating...and my thunder thighs surely don't need that! 

Contributor

I do like the teal colored print but not the rest.  I won't order though, fit and flare is so popular and it looks good on those with smaller mid-sections, but my belly is my worst area between bust and belly, and that's where the "fit" area is.  I just don't get the popularity of this, knowing that the majority of us are not barbie dolls.  

Another style I can't stand is the bell sleeve.  UGH - I didn't even want to wear it in the 70's when it was all the rage. !!

Trusted Contributor

I noticed on any of the models sized medium and above, the top seems to add weight to their frame.  I feel the main reason for this are the gaudy prints.  For me, this style needs to be in a solid.  I don't know who made the choice for those prints, but they're as gaudy as prints in the SG line!  The prints they've used are very dated, and matronly looking.  For that reason, it's a pass for me. 

Honored Contributor

I like it.  It' cute but not too cutsey-cute.  I like the sleeve.  I'm torn between the camo and the animal print.  They would coordinate nicely with my summer wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

It's a pass for me.  This type of top doesn't work for my body shape. 

I'm not curvy and prefer to accent my straight lines than give the illusion of curves.