Regular Contributor

TSV Cushman’s Honeybells Disappointed

I received my 4 lb. order today and what a disappointment!! When I opened the box I thought they sent me the wrong thing. There are 12 pieces of fruit in the box and the fruit is so small, they are the size of a tangerine or lemon. Besides the size they are partially green, misshapen, spongy, bruised and marked up like ones you would find on the ground. Where are the big, beautiful, orange looking, plump, juicy Honeybells that David was slobbering all over with pushing the TSV! The taste......humm nothing like what I was expecting. They are pretty tasteless and frankly not that great for a cost of $2.16 a piece. 

I have wanted to order these for several years and sorry I finally did.  What a rip off! Live and learn!  When will I quit falling for the propaganda on QVC when it comes to their food items! From now on I will buy them at the grocery store where I can see what I am purchasing!  Has anyone else been disappointed with their Cushman Honeybells???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV Cushman’s Honeybells Disappointed

hope you're going to aek for a refund!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t ordered them but my girlfriend has. She was disappointed too. She called customer service & complained & they issued a credit to her account. I suggest you do the same.

Occasional Contributor

A few years back I placed an order and several were moldy. I did get a refund and as good as they look on the presentation will never order them again.

Valued Contributor

WHY  WOULD ANYONE BUY FOOD FROM A SHOPPING CHANNEL   WHERE DO THEY LIVE IN CAVES OR OUTER SPACE    I DO NOT FEEL SORRY WHEN THEY  ORDER AND GET  DISAPOINTED

Respected Contributor

Some have had amazing success with Honeybells while I have not received a batch yet that was deserving of the price I paid.  The first order was green and those that were not green were dry inside.  The second order was also dry. 

I also ordered from HSN and was disappointed by the quality of the fruit sent.  I just started travelling to Florida and picking up my own...that way I was able to inspect the fruit before purchasing. I am glad others had success but for me I have Lived and Learned LOL! #NeverAgain

Honored Contributor

I've never ordered these but my impression is that they're hit-or-miss.  You're better off buying from the local supermarket.

Respected Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

WHY  WOULD ANYONE BUY FOOD FROM A SHOPPING CHANNEL   WHERE DO THEY LIVE IN CAVES OR OUTER SPACE    I DO NOT FEEL SORRY WHEN THEY  ORDER AND GET  DISAPOINTED

No @elizabethl123 we don't live in caves and there is nothing wrong with buying food from a shopping channel as long as the items reach you in the condition described.  I don't think anyone was asking for sympathy just sharing an experience!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Likewise, I just received my order today and they were orange and juicy, but smaller than previous years.  BUT, they were very limited in flavor, the naval oranges and Halo tangerines in the grocer were actually better tasting and sweeter.....I will be asking for a refund!

Update:  Requested a refund and it was honored.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Florida for the winter and haven't found much good citrus even locally.

A few days ago, I bought just 2 red grapefruit to try -  lots of juice and good texture but really not a whole lot of flavor.   And they were the best of the local fruit I've had -  all the rest came from CA, Mexico, and Peru.

My experience makes me think Cushman's/QVC isn't the only citrus disaster this year.