Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Catherine Zeta Jones

Catherine has been lovely today , but, unfortunately, the TSV does not seem that it will be a sell out. All sizes and colors still available at 6:30PM.
Occasional Contributor

I think that the TSV is very pretty, but since I don't need it, I won't be purchasing. I do have 2 sets (sea glass and grey) of the Casa Zeta Jones 1000 thread count sheets and I absolutely love them. Definitely the best sheets I have purchased. Very thick, smooth, and luxurious. And high quality construction. Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

Whew, is Jennifer Coffey a little star struck tonight?  

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

I try to keep my guest room AND bedrooms neutral. That way, if I decide to change things up down the line I can use the bedding in another room.

I've been down the color road before and had some very bold colors in our homes. I learned that neutral is easier and doesn't go out of style.

I try to stay away from trendy colors, because it won't be too long before they are no longer stylish. While I love grey and seafoam, I would not paint or decorate using them because I think they will go out of style in the next year or two.

My sister is an Interior Decorator and I learned a lot from her over the years. I always paint my bathrooms white, because I can change the look with towels, wash cloths, accessories and a shower curtain color that way instead of having to repaint a room.

I'm considering buying one of these TSV's in champagne. 

@AussieLuvr  Yes, that seem to be the way the decorators are doing it now, sticking with the very neutral colors.  I ended up not ordering the CZJ set.  I am still deciding how I want to do the room and didn't want to be hasty in choosing a color.  I'm going basic taupe/beigey carpet and likely an off white wall.  I have a dresser and chest that I plan to paint, likely in a linen color.  It's just a spare room that doesn't get used much so I don't want to invest a lot in there either.  I'll likely find a bed-in-bag quilt set once all the physical work is completed.

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

I opted not to buy the CZJ set, either. I was spooked by how thin it seemed when it was folded for the display rack. It seemed like it was almost as thin as a sheet!

I have an inexpensive coverlet from Wayfair that I bought two and a half years ago for half the price, and I am pretty sure it was heftier than the TSV. I'm not looking for a heavy blanket for warmth, but I AM looking for something more than a flimsy, sheet-like coverlet.

I could be COMPLETELY WRONG about it, but that's the chance I take when shopping on QVC. I've been burnt on soft goods from the Q before and I'm just following my gut on this one. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, sometimes I'm not, and sometimes I'll never know whether I should have ordered it or not. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@giddy up  I agree, this quilt looks like the stiff kind. It is hard to find the cotton quilts of some years ago that actually snuggle softely around you, they are hard, stiff and nonpliable.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered three sets -- two as gifts for family members who need them. Chose the blue, the champagne and the ashes of roses.

Have ordered a variety of items from her line since it debuted last year (towels, sheets, Christmas items, comforter, quilt) and I have been most wonderfully surprised and pleased with each item.

I have been using one of her velvet comforters and quilts (now sold-out) since receiving last year and with it getting warmer, a lighter 100% cotton coverlet sounds perfect.

Took the opportunity to peruse the "sale" prices on certain items (just search for "sale Zeta" in the search bar) and picked up some additional towel sets.

This is my favorite line at the Q. The quality is wonderful; especially for the price. To me, she comes across as though she really enjoys doing this, and not just to make a profit. Her presentations are a breath of fresh air and I love how she seems to have a calming effect on those around her.

Glad I happened to see the TSV as I didn't get a heads-up email, and there is no Insider anymore.

Please CZJ keep up this line at the Q -- and hold fast to quality and lower prices. And thank you!

Honored Contributor

I didn't need any bedding, but if I did I would have purchased it in the SeaGlass-that is such a beautiful color. In fact I think her color palettes are gorgeous!

Super Contributor

I ordered the sea glass in a king. It arrived yesterday, June 22.  Its a great value. The color looks a little lighter than the pictures to me.  I am very pleased. 

Esteemed Contributor

I received my sea glass in king two days ago, and I am very pleased.  I don't find it flimsy at all; in fact, I find it quite substantial.  It is just beautiful.

As far as her comments, I went to the online article and I applaud her.  She is beautiful, has a beautiful family, and has worked hard all of her life.   She has no reason to apologize because she earned her fame.  We do not live in a society where everyone is entitled to be wealthy.  That is reserved for hard-working people, those who inherit, or lottery winners.  I am certain that too many people (in her opinion) make snarky comments (maybe directly to her and her family) and that it why she felt the need to put that out.   Her husband and FIL also have worked hard.  They deserve what they have.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!