Trusted Contributor

TSV - Cannon - is listed as paid programming

Interesting….when I looked at TV Guide on line today to see what was on in my area all the TSV Cannon 60m minute slots are listed as PAID PROGRAMMING. Clearly the reason we are getting so many of the same vendors/items as TSVs is because they are buying the opportunity to be the TSV. No wonder is so repetitive. How can smaller/new vendors with great new product compete with the big companies that can buy their way into hours of programming on air and purchase shelf space/end caps in stores? No wonder we see so much of Kitchenaid, Vitamix, Dell, HP, etc. I liked it better when QVC preferred to discover items that were unique and/or original – not found in every other place that sells.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV - Cannon - is listed as paid programming

But I seeing Paid Programming on other channels, too.

I have Comcast service where I've been for that last to or three weeks.  Before I came here, I never saw that notice, but I had a different cable provider.  I just have no idea what it means.

I'm also seeing more channels that are listed as community channels - not just the one that shows various local commissionioners or other officials.

Does it cut out small, new vendors?  Maybe?  But also they may have to prove themselves on the smaller outlets.  Pretty much like what happens on Shark Tank where if the guys with the money don't think their investment will pay off, they turn those "little" guys away.  I can't see that QVC has any responsibility to be different -- and I also don't think it would bring better products - I can't be the only long time buyer who never once ordered anything from the old 50-50 tours.

Valued Contributor

For a while I thought that QVC was selling air time to the vendors who are on so often.  These vendors are using the advertising budget to have their products shown on QVC.

Honored Contributor

And tomorrow will be all-day Dell, followed by Sunday..all-day KitchenAid, followed by all-day Bose on Monday.  I probably won't watch QVC much at all before Tuesday.  As I said in a previous post today...B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

And tomorrow will be all-day Dell, followed by Sunday..all-day KitchenAid, followed by all-day Bose on Monday.  I probably won't watch QVC much at all before Tuesday.  As I said in a previous post today...B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!!!

But its fabulous Black Fridays deals on QVC

Honored Contributor

I must have missed those!!!!!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

That is not how it works.  QVC does not sell its air time.

Guide information is provided to cable and satellite systems via a third party.  Initially, it is shows as paid programming (because this is a shopping channel).  As the programming is updated at the provider and the programming information is relayed to the cable/satellite companies, set top box data is updated.

Sometimes, though, there are glitches or a loss of data, and the default programming information (in this case, "paid programming"), is what is displayed.  You can also see this occur after box resets, power outages, or looking up future proramming information that is not yet full updated.

It is simply unfair and innacurate to make assumptions and spread rumors online when one does not know what is actually occurring.