Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV California Crepe??? Try good 'ole POLYESTER!!!!

Well, I really like her pants. Got four from previous tsv and ordered burgundy and navy today! They wear and wash well. The fit is always spot-on and, though I'm short, find her styling looks good on me.

Also like LDO, however, not enough items come in petites. But, tend to purchase LR, IM and D&C because I find sizing most consistent for me. Find nothing wrong with poly - think most clothes sold on Q are a polyblend.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate those pockets!!  They're 95% polyester and 5% spandex.  What's with the name "California Crepe", why not another state?  Ha, ha.

Esteemed Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I hate those pockets!!  They're 95% polyester and 5% spandex.  What's with the name "California Crepe", why not another state?  Ha, ha.

@henderson

How about CA crepe for LR, NY crepe for IM, PA crepe for SG - Woman LOLWoman WinkWoman Very Happy!

Honored Contributor

Not all poly is created equally and much of the poly today isn't the same as the poly from the 1970's.  I thought most people knew that.

I own and wear poly and readily admit it.  It's easy to take care of, wears well, washes well, has good color saturation, etc.

Honored Contributor

In the textile industry there are literally dozens and dozens of names, from A to Z, for crepe fabric. "California" is just another name for this historically popular fabric. 

Respected Contributor

As I have said before, there is polyester and there is polyester - not all are the same.  Susan Graver's polyester feels and looks great.  Feels like expensive fabric.  Most of the polyester I see in the stores (unless expensive, high end) feels like rubber.  All the difference is in the grade.  I have not bought Lisa Rinna before, but I did order the TVS in mocha as I have been wanting a mocha pair.  Looking forward to receiving them.  I imagine they will be a good grade of poly and feel great. When Lisa said she spent 3 years looking for the material, I think it was looking for the proper process for a better grade poly.  There definitely is a difference in types of poly - from great to awful.   I personally like a good grade of poly - goes in the dryer, does not shrink, keeps it color - very easy to care for.  I like the cotton modal also, but needs a little more care - no dryer; hang and wait to dry.  Rayon is out because it wrinkles badly and clings - I do like a poly/rayon blend tho such as ponte knit.   As for fabrics that requre dry cleaning, I used to purchase a lot for professional wardrobe.  Don't need anymore - more casual dressing.  Any material that requires dry cleaning is out for me.

Trusted Contributor

I'm confused why the high cost Graver, Rinna, and others put on cheap polyester.  One of the cheapest fabrics to produce, and work with.  I don't see either of them having a name to warrant those prices either. No matter what they try to spin on the fabrics, polyester will never be special.  Just basic cheap to produce garments.  I pass on them both every single time.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyM23 thanks for the fabric knowledge. Appreciate it. 1st thing I look at in an item is material content. My daughter rarely does. Her cut is how it looks. MINE IS CONTENT FEEL AND CARE. Then how it looks. 👧

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear LR poly pants in fall, spring, and summer in New York and all year around in California.  They are versatile, imminently packable and look good with a variety of tops. Cargo is probably not a great style for me but I love her side pockets. 

To each her own. Some very high end designers use lots of poly.  I am very happy the yarns have improved so much. 

Esteemed Contributor

Can't we see cotton once in a while?  I need my fabric to keep me from overheating.  Poly won't do.