Occasional Contributor

I find it interesting that in the description of these boots it says, "Not intended to be worn in wet conditions". This has not been mentioned by any of the hosts I have watched. I think that they should bring this up while selling it. I would hope that spraying the boot with waterproofing spray would allow one to wear the boots in the snow.

Trusted Contributor

Wow!  Interesting...

I have a 12 year old pair of Uggs that I love.  I live in Minnesota, and they are my cold weather boots, not snow boots.  I think that snow and salt seem to ruin the suede by leaving stains. 

Honored Contributor

These Ugg type boots are not meant to be snow boots, they are just meant to be worn in cold weather.  I have found UGG boots not suitable for walking in slippery conditions.

I think many people assume these boots are snow boots and so while it should be mentioned that these are cold weather boots, not snow boots, that would limit sales. 

I haven't seen any presentation of these but if you read the on-line description, they paint a picture about who will wear these and in what situations they will be worn.  Nowhere do they mention slushy, snowy or wet situations. What they leave out says it all.    

Respected Contributor

If you like this style, check out Bearpaw boots on HSN. Most are pretreated with a really good technology to prevent stains(they’re water resistant vs waterproof).

Honored Contributor

I've had several pair of Ugg's sheepskin boots for years, that I sprayed with a water resistant suede spray when I received them and none are stained or get soaking wet if I'm caught in an unexpected rain, etc.

I always spray them once, wait a few days to dry, then spray again

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

I love Bear Paws.  Have 4  pairs.  Since i cant stand socks no need to wear them with Bear Paws.  They go on easy and keep my feet dry and toasty.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I've had several pair of Ugg's sheepskin boots for years, that I sprayed with a water resistant suede spray when I received them and none are stained or get soaking wet if I'm caught in an unexpected rain, etc.

I always spray them once, wait a few days to dry, then spray again

I do the same @KingstonsMom  and I do the same. I wear Uggs because I want a real sheepskin lining, not synthetic.  Have a few pairs and never has a problem. 

Honored Contributor

I heard hosts mention several times that one would need to spray the boots with a protectorant.  This wouldn't prevent water from leaking in from the edges of the sole.  The Bearpaws sold by HSN earlier were a better buy.  They are cuter with design details like tassels, pre-treated at the factory, come in prettier colors (I got turquoise last year) and were less expensive.  Same quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm also a fan of Bearpaw boots. They come in wides and some of their boots have a more aggressive lug sole for better traction. I love mine. I just wore mine this morning to shovel snow and I just love the waterproof outers!

Trusted Contributor

Anything suede should be treated with a weather proof spray. I just heard the rep say they needed to be treated.

I like Bearpaws. They are so warm. Also like the Lamo brand at the Q. Both have that pretreatment that keep them clean.

What I don't like about Koolaburro is that it is another one of those "Uggs made specially for QVC". To me that means they are not made as well as Uggs, corners are cut, thus you get an "Ugg-like" boot for cheap.

Whoever did the purchase order for this TSV really messed up in gauging how many would want the short version.

I get so mad when QVC lets people pre-buy to the point that some colors sell out before it even gets aired. The mushroom short ones sold out within 20 minutes last night. Now all the short ones are gone.

When they see a certain color, or a large number of pre-sales dwindling their inventory days beore it is supposed to be the TSV they should take them off the website.

Now they are going to spend the rest of the day convincing everyone it is fine if the short ones are gone, because look! You can roll down the tall ones and make them short. NO, QVC, I don't want to be rolling a tall boot down, it looks silly. Maybe your buyer should have done better.

I really didn't need them, I just like the mushroon color Smiley Happy