Valued Contributor

I'm not interested in today's TSV, too expensive and no yard. But watching them display the meats cooked on it is making this carnivore slobber with absolute desire. 

Did anyone buy one?

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a big meat eater so have no need for this, but Costco sells this one and also a much smaller one (table top).  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

It looks like a good product, but I just don't cook enough meat to justify the purchase. Jill was certainly wound up while selling it. I take my hat off to anyone who can get that excited over a grill. She is a good host.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

DH would like one but I don't see paying that price for it since we would not use it that often. 

We already have a huge offset smoker, a Masterbuilt smoker & a Weber Grill so I don't think we need it. LOL!!!

Since we are getting older we don't smoke as much food or eat as much meat as we used to.

Respected Contributor

Can you imagine?!?!??!?

If you bought the KopppperKrap square pan, and whipped up a 47 egg frittata for breakfast ( for the crowds  that that stop by on Sunday morning!!!!)...

Then you could smoke up 275 pounds of meats for lunch!!

A rib roast, a pork shoulder, 29 chicken breasts, 30 hambugers and 5 sausage ropes, along with two trays of mac and cheese and baked beans,each weighing 5 pounds each!!! And don't forget to BBQ some fruit!!!!

Combine with your 300 piece Lenox flatware set and 39 piece Temptation baker/bowl/ramekin set ( with wire racks!!!) and you're set!!!

Hasn't QVC go the memo yeat that their audience is mostly women in the 50s, most who live alone or at best have a mostly empty nest?

I think I'd be looking in the garage to see what other "must haves" are collecting dust before I bought a grill that you can cook for 50 people on...that is NOT most of us.

WHy does QVC continue to sell these huge cooking items and sets of stuff when everyone is downsizing today, ordering out, or ordering from a prepared meal service????

I bet this thing is ENORMOUS when it arrives, takes hours to put together with 9000 screws and slots and tabs, and is a pain to clean if you ever DO use it.

Trusted Contributor

We have the Lonestar 20 which is similar to this one. The grill cover that comes with it will not fit over the front prep shelf. You have to remove the rack each time if you want the cover to completely cover the entire grill. Then you have to affix it again with the bolts. It does not slide off. Also, according to my husband, the instruction manual is rubbish and the best thing is to go on Youtube and look up videos of people actually putting the grill together.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Looks like the BBQer/vendor really knocked himself out to have a snappy appearance for his presentations.  Not!  That alone would turn me off if I'd had an inclination to buy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Looks like the BBQer/vendor really knocked himself out to have a snappy appearance for his presentations.  Not!  That alone would turn me off if I'd had an inclination to buy.

He is outdoors barbecuing what do you want him to wear? He looks fine to me. People do not wear suits or dress slacks. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

He is outdoors barbecuing what do you want him to wear? He looks fine to me. People do not wear suits or dress slacks. 

@elated.  When presenting on national TV, I don't think it's too much to expect a clean, pressed tucked in shirt with a clean apron (changed throughout the day).  I wouldn't be thrilled to eat food he'd prepared.  He is, afterall, representing his company.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We are not big meat eaters and we do not like smoked foods. My husband thinks those big Brand Name grills are way over priced no matter where you buy them. No sale.