Respected Contributor

I don’t get here as a TSV today.  I’m in New England, and wear socks everyday since it’s cold, so I wouldn’t even consider getting these pants now... .  I guess I could add socks and wear boots, but I wouldn’t-  and forget pumps, nope, that ship sailed long ago. 

I miss Joan. She made me laugh harder than anyone else. Thinking of you Joan!  

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Ankle Pants in Winter?

Yes, I wear them year round. Pumps, flats, sandals, boots work for me. Most of my pants are ankle length.

Respected Contributor

i love ankle length all year round - i am petite and think they are more flattering than over the foot look.  more Audrey Hepburn.

Honored Contributor

I wear them year round too.  I love them with with an ankle bootie with a heel. 

Respected Contributor

I am petite and love the ankle length. 27" is perfect on me. Just not sure if I like the seam detail. Might give them a try. Now which color, I have enough black. Maybe olive, that would be really different for me.

Trusted Contributor

I don't get these pants at all.  I'm 5' 2" and the 24 inch length will not be ankle pants on me - too short.  I can get the 27 inch which would then be closer to a full length pant.  They look ridiculous on the short model who is wearing the 24 inch length.  I would never call that an ankle length pant - more like a crop pant. 

With all that being said, I do like this material.  I have both a Joan Rivers and a Louis Dell'Ollio pant in this ponte knit.  A little dressier in my opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I’m only 5’3” but when I saw that the petite inseam was only 24” I ordered the regular length. The 27” inseam will make them almost full-length on me. I suspect, however, that except for us petites, these pants will be too short, even as ankle pants. They’ll be more like crops...not popular in northern climes.

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom   i agree about the lengths.  i am just under 5'5" and when i saw the petite model in the petite size, i changed my order to regular.  27" inseam.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with some that they are too short for the winter.  Also live in New England, so even with socks and Uggs, if your ankles are exposed you will feel the cold, believe me.  May work nice for our friends in the south.

Respected Contributor

In California ankle pants can work most of the time. They look cute with flats,  but I often wear athletic shoes because I’m on my feet a lot, and I don’t think they look good with athletic shoes.