Respected Contributor

Re: TSV Air Innovations Humidifier

I got my first AI humidifier from QVC years ago and it's still working.  I've picked up at least 1 a year since then to put in additional rooms and give to family members.  Yes, there is a white powder, but you will find that with any  humidifier.  I've had no problems with mine and picked up another today with the top fill which for me will make it a bit easier to refill.

As for how often you have to refill it, it will depend on what humidity level you try to maintain and the size of the room you're running it in.

As awful as it is dealing with over-dry air from force air gas heat, dealing with annoyances of filling a humidifier and having to wipe off surfaces is worth it to me.  As others have stated, best to sit the unit on a tray, then you won't have to worry about or deal with possible damage to wood surfaces.

Respected Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

I purchased one of these I believe it was from this same company a few years ago from QVC. 

After about 4 months it started to leak...What a waste of money and it was around $100-.

I won't purchase another.  If you want moisture in the house...Place an pot on stove top and simmer it on low. Wolla...Moisture.

Also, many of you who have wood burning stoves, all you have to do is buy a cast iron kettle and place it on top and make sure it is always filled with water...Moisture...The same thing.

nice idea, but with the layout of most homes, the moisture will not make it to the bedrooms.

Super Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

@annespan wrote:

Good morning!  Does anyone own this humdifier?  I tried to read the reviews but for some reason they won't display.  It looks like there were 8 reviews which averaged 3.5 stars.  Of course from the on-air presentation I would expect 5 stars haha but 3.5 makes me think there are some issues.  So if anyone has any personal experience with this item to share here I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

I was just going to post about this.  I also can't see the reviews nor the questions and answers.  So irratating.   QVC will say it is my computer so I guess I won't order.  I could use another one but I will make do with what I have.   Hmmmmm....and sales are down!?  

I signed in to my account just to see when I had bought one when it was a TSV, a different style then today's, different and similar. had to call CS on  that one because it didn't show in all my previuous orders. January 2014. It was an Air Innovations then also. Pretty close to the same price, on easy pay, of course the outrageous shipping. 

Super Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I have an older model of this unit. I would concur with the white dust being on the base of the unit, I just wipe it down, and it was a major pain filling it. Other than that the unit did what it was supposed to do which is help keep moisture in my bedroom when I am asleep at night. I have allergies and this unit I feel helps tremendously during the colder months.

I have purchased this TSV in Taupe and I am looking forward to filling it from the top, and not having to lug it to my bathroom to refill. I also like the fact that it has the spout, so that I can just have the mist spewing out at a higher level. The digital controls will come in handy  as well.

Filling it from the top is the upgrade that most appealed to me though, not sure I'm going to order this TSV. I could always donate the now 2 year old one I have. 

Valued Contributor

@KellyMS wrote:

The QVC web page for this TSV is very frustrating.  It says there are 28 questions being asked with 51 answers but when you click nothing happens.  I called customer service to report this problem and was told.  "I dont have control over any of that".  Well that was extremely helpful, thank you. Guess I wont be ordering since I cant find anyone to answer my question about this item.  

I just want to know if I put this on a wooden dresser will it discolor the wood finish.  

What if I put mine on the floor and it's next to a wood dresser, would it damage the dresser also?    Is it expensive to fill with distilled?   I would only use it at night, and shut it off during the day.   

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I have an older model of this unit. I would concur with the white dust being on the base of the unit, I just wipe it down, and it was a major pain filling it. Other than that the unit did what it was supposed to do which is help keep moisture in my bedroom when I am asleep at night. I have allergies and this unit I feel helps tremendously during the colder months.

I have purchased this TSV in Taupe and I am looking forward to filling it from the top, and not having to lug it to my bathroom to refill. I also like the fact that it has the spout, so that I can just have the mist spewing out at a higher level. The digital controls will come in handy  as well.

Filling it from the top is the upgrade that most appealed to me though, not sure I'm going to order this TSV. I could always donate the now 2 year old one I have. 

Unless you have a fairly small place with an open floorplan, operating 2 units would be beneficial.

I have a unit in my dining room, family room, living room and master bedroom that I run all winter.  I have one in my craft room/home office that I run when I'm in the room, and one in my guest room when I have company.

The layout of my 60s l-shape ranch just doesn't allow the moisture to migrate.

Respected Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@KellyMS wrote:

The QVC web page for this TSV is very frustrating.  It says there are 28 questions being asked with 51 answers but when you click nothing happens.  I called customer service to report this problem and was told.  "I dont have control over any of that".  Well that was extremely helpful, thank you. Guess I wont be ordering since I cant find anyone to answer my question about this item.  

I just want to know if I put this on a wooden dresser will it discolor the wood finish.  

What if I put mine on the floor and it's next to a wood dresser, would it damage the dresser also?    Is it expensive to fill with distilled?   I would only use it at night, and shut it off during the day.   

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I wouldn't put it close to the dresser, even on the floor.  You need to leave space around the unit.  If your air flow would cause the mist to blow towards your dresser you could have issues.

I don't know what it would cost to run distilled water in it, would depend on how often you needed to refill.  It's not a big burden to simply wipe down surfaces and wipe out the base of the unit now and then.

Super Contributor

I purchased my Air Innovations humidifier back in January 2014, also a TSV then when I ordered it, just about the same pricd also, on easy pay. It still works, in fact when I saw the TSV today, I had to check. It's similar in some ways, but also different, same ceramic filter, but it's a bottom fill. I only use it in the Fall, and Winter months, it's very adequate for my studio style apartment. It does aggravate me though when the seem to come out with a new style or ugrade every year it seems. Be nice if QVC would allow a trade up, or in, maybe through Air Innovations like a return customer reward. Mine has the built in mood light as well, it happened to be blue when I snapped the picture. Probably more for effect, it's not like I sit and stare at all day or night when it's on. The upgrade is nice on the TSV today, but I won't be ordering again. I gthink some of the claims are some what exaggerated too. IMG_20160911_152647348.jpg

Visitor

I bought 4 last year when they were a TSV and have had no problem with them.  Having the 2 tank system, i can fill easily at the sink.  I clean mine about once a month and refil. They do get dusty but so does everything else, just wipe it off and go.  I do use filtered water with each refil.  I haven't had any problems with  either one spitting out water. or any issue at all.  IMO, you can't go wrong with this unit (last year model) or the newer one, featured as the TSV.  I have bad allergies and resporitory problems and the units do help with putting moisture back into the air.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bigbear52

I am going to put my older unit which is about three years old in my living room, and place the one that I purchased last night in my bedroom.