Contributor

TSV: Air Innovations Humidifer

The humidifier now being offered... There are limited pictures, no instructions have been posted and I've not seen this addressed in any presentation. It sounds silly to ask but...is the tank removable? All other models you can remove the tank but it seems so odd in these presentations and on the product page, that they don't show the tank off the base. Thoughts?!

Valued Contributor

Re: TSV: Air Innovations Humidifer

I have several of these humidifiers and the tank is removable. I remove the tank to clean it.

Contributor

Thank you. I have two already but just found it really odd that they don't show it removed.

Valued Contributor

I have two of the previous ones that are similar and yes the tank is removable.

Mine are top fill with the extension.

They do come apart and I clean it as lyme will get into places over time.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this humidifier any good?  Today Kerstyn said not to wait because the price will be $80 tomorrow.  I ran it and with tax & shipping the price is $81 now!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msgb wrote:

I have two of the previous ones that are similar and yes the tank is removable.

Mine are top fill with the extension.

They do come apart and I clean it as lyme will get into places over time.

@msgb  I use distilled water in mine.  I find that more convenient and actually probably cheaper than buying the hard water filters over and over.  Previous humidifiers including a previous version of this one started leaking and I think it had something to do with the hard water build-up.  Just to be on the safe side I never run mine without a drip pan like what I use underneath my plant pots underneath them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy the hard-water filters for mine. I have a difficult time picking up jugs of water so the filters are the way to go for me. I can get them for about $9 a piece on ebay. The filters last about 6 weeks with frequent use, sometimes less...just depends on how much I use it.

ETA - The hard-water filters are designed to last for 45 days. That will vary depending on how hard your water is and also on how often you use your humidifier.

Respected Contributor

I always look on eBay to check prices, this tsv price seemed high. Lots of them for sale and with free shipping and lower prices.

Frequent Contributor

I use distilled water in mine. The water here in Las Vegas is terrible. I learned the hard way after cleaning the white dust caused by hard water.

Frequent Contributor

We  have several   of  these  and we cannot  get  any of them to work  this  year.  Do any of you have this problem?