Respected Contributor

I would have loved to order Amazing grace TSV but the majority of reviews still say it does not smell the same since Coty bought it. I just read a review on QVC for the super size Amazing grace perfume in which out of over 1100 reviewsover a period of time it only got a 2.2 rating so Coty has not responded to the many request to return it to the original formula at least for selling it on QVC. I will continue to buy from other retail stores because it is the original fragrance as far as I am concerned and I don't mind paying for the good stuff. Has anyone bought it from QVC lately and can attest that it's the original scent ?

Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Why would it be any better at a different store? It's still made by Coty. I got a bottle as a gift I think from M is just as awful. There is no good stuff.

Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I don't know the answer to your question but I, perhaps mistakenly, assumed that the formula QVC sells is the same as what is sold by other retailers. I hope others can shed some light on this question.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV AMAZING GRACE

[ Edited ]

Coty is Coty, why and how would it benefit them to make different formulas for different venues, makes no sense. One Coty Mfg plant is located right here in MD, before Coty the facility belonged to Noxell Corp for many years. 

If I was to buy it anywhere I would get it direct from the Phil site. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in the minority.  I've been using since 2000 and hadn't noticed the difference that many speak of.  I buy it at the Q, along with other retailers.

Valued Contributor

@GCR18   Me too.  I've gotten it from QVC, JCPenneys and the Philosophy site and never noticed any difference in the fragrance.  My go to is PG and its still as it was prior to the changeover.  In fact, I always get compliments on it.  I do layer -- shower gel, lotion and then spritz or the eau de parfum.  Love the spritz  ....  I even got my sister hooked on PG.

I also use AG as well and that's still the same IMO.  Maybe we're both in the minority.  I believe some posters also said the same about Tova's Signature Fragrance, but I never was a fan of that.  purchased it once and didn't care for the aroma.

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

@Helen852 @GCR18 

Same for me. I use AG, PG and other philosophy fragrances and have not noticed a difference since Coty bought the company. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think the scents last like they did before Philosophy was sold to Coty.

Frequent Contributor
Funny to read this today. I was in the it doesn’t last camp for a couple of years. This morning I showered and used the dry oil then after dressing used 3 sprays of the Eau de perfume and left the house for a family picnic. When I hugged my uncle after being outside for 6+ hours he told me I smelled so good and asked what fragrance I used. I thought the smell was long gone by then.
Contributor

I have bought Pure Grace from QVC and the Philosophy site.  I feel that I received the same amount of scent from either place.  But I will say it is not as strong as it used to be.  It still smells pretty good, though, and I still love it.