Respected Contributor

Re: TSV ' 8 Greens Gummies'

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda 

So glad you started this thread.

I started the 8 Greens gummies back when they were first introduced. Almost immediately, I developed diarrhea. It continued. As a researcher, it took me a while to stift through what it could have been—my diet is relatively consistent and I had eaten nothing different; I am on no prescriptions; good health. I wasn't sure WHY, but it seemed the Gummies were the cause.

Deep gratitude to @Carmie on the "other" 8 Greens thread, who just posted that an ingredient in gummies is sorbitol which can cause severe diarrhea (ingredient used for sweetener). Researched sorbitol. OMG. For some of us, sorbitol causes diarrhea (all health sources agree), plus occasional SEVERE stomach cramps. That hit home. Two days ago I woke at midnight with severe stomach cramps, which I have never had! Plus vomiting; just as described on several health cites for sorbitol. (No fever, no other symptoms.)

I have been taking the 8 Greens drink tablets instead of the gummies. Then recently started occasionally taking 2 a day, since so many (vendor plus hosts) said they drink several a day. Just looked up the ingredients on the tablets: also sorbitol

Obviously not everyone reacts to sorbitol the way my body did.

So grateful to these threads. However, if someone had one of those reactions, they might not realize WHY their body doesn't like sorbitol. (Our first reaction is usually something we ate or coming down with the flu.)

More gratitude here to @elated who mentioned that Andrew Lessman is the gold standard when it comes to supplements. I AGREE! I take his chocolate (cholesterol reduction) and co-Q-10. Thoughtful, detailed presentations, everything produced USA in his labs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Hysterical Amazon Reviews of Haribo Sugar-Free Gummi Bears Are Just What We Needed Right Now"

Google this title and read the reviews from the poor people who bought this sorbitol laden junk ... Sorbitol laden sugar free gummy bears.

Do NOT have coffee in your mouth when you read it.!!!!

Go before you read!!!

You've been warned.

Oh...these things? 

Gimmicks. Junk. Garbage.

Eat REAL food people.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stay away from Gummies. I have a Bridge in my mouth. It would rip the bridge right out

Respected Contributor

Another rip off IMO.  And the price?  Outrageous.  They are eating them like candy...so just how many are you supposed to eat in one day???

Esteemed Contributor

If your routine blood tests show no nutritional deficiencesm I see no reason to add these to your supplement routine.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I don't see sorbitol in the list of ingredients.  I posted them on the other 8 Greens thread.  

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I don't see sorbitol in the list of ingredients.  I posted them on the other 8 Greens thread.  

@santorini   If you are talking about the tablets ingredients (which I mentioned above, saying that I just found sorbitol as an ingredient),

it is listed on the carton and tubes that I have at home.

Returning them now.

Trusted Contributor

QVC is doing a disservice to the consumer by not mentioning the horrible side affects that one may experience by consuming sorbitol.  I have not nor would I ever purchase this product but I have taken another product containing sorbitol and I had such severe stomach cramps that I thought I had 

QVC is doing a disservice to the consumer by not mentioning the awful side effects that one may experience by co nsuming a product containing sorbitol.  It can make you really sick.

Honored Contributor

Not referring at all to this particular product.

Generally speaking and thinking:

I've often wondered if we should be eating a large abundance of fruits and veggies all at one time. Seems like a lot (to me).

They say 'An apple a day' keeps the doctor away', etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
I bought them once, thought they tasted good but other than that thought they were pointless. I will stick with my Andrew Lessman vitamins and just eating my fruits and vegetables