Contributor
I have both the wooden spurtles and silicone ones. Why these over spoons/others because these can get into places that other utensils cannot these also don't scratch my pots and pans that I want to have for awhile. I like gadgets in my kitchen and proud of it.
Honored Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

Omg!!  I love spurtles!!  If I get another set, my husband will kill me.  I have 3 sets, and use them all the time!

@Dar321 Maybe you can sneak it into the house when he isn't looking! I ordered the Farmhouse set which ships around 9/13. I don't mind waiting, it gives me a chance to maybe change my mind ( I'm looking for the reviews to come in). 

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV 7/28 Spurtle Set

[ Edited ]

Yep, I ordered a set too, in cobalt my favorite color.  I'm sure that I will find a lot of uses for them.  

ETA:  the first time I heard about spurtles was watching "The Galloping Gormet" as a kid. Graham Kerr used wooden ones quite a bit.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Occasional Contributor

I just got my set today and I'm so disappointed because the corner is broken off the edge of the larger piece. It's usable I guess but not the way it should be. Flimsy cardboard box and no padding or cushioning. 

Super Contributor

@jrq  If your set is sold out, QVC may be willing to give you a partial credit for the broken one.  You shouldn't have to be stuck with it at full price, even though it's usable.  

Super Contributor

You will love them!

Super Contributor

I received an email yesterday telling me that my PRE-ORDERED red Spurtle set has been delayed.

I am not in a hurry. Just thought that pre-orders were taken care of first. Silly me

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV 7/28 Spurtle Set

[ Edited ]
  • I just received the Red spurtle set. The color is pretty and that's about the only thing I think I like.

I find the handles to be short. Yes, I know the dimensions were provided but in hand, or pot, seem too short for safe use in a deeper pot of very hot food/soup or reaching across a larger pan. With the exception of one which has a beveled edge, the others seem to thick to slip under food gracefully. The tongs are pretty small also. But what is truly disconcerting is the smell! Definitely not food friendly imo. I find this to be quite bothersome. I am not sure if soaking in vinegar or baking soda will dissipate this but it is very detectable to me.

I do have and use the wooden spurtles without issue.

Valued Contributor

I just can't get past that silly name! Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

Just got the Farmhouse set.  Very nice and you're going to love the colors.  The large scraper with the beveled edge has a short handle.  I wish Mad Hungry made a utensil jug for them.