Valued Contributor
I got a previous configuration of spurtles last year and I do not care for them at all.

They’re heavy, clunky and unwieldy to use.

I’ve stuck with my wooden spoon.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Smiley LOL I was thinking I would forget how to use each one if I bought them.  

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if the scoop would work for super duper frozen ice cream?

Respected Contributor
I cook almost daily. These are the best. I got 2 of these. 1 for me & 1 for a Christmas gift. I make lots of candy and nothing sticks to these. They handle the high heat needed to get to the hard crack stage. I use these everyday and they look brand new.
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

What does a spurtle do that a spoon or spatula can't? And aren't tongs universal? What is different and unique about these? Just wondering. 

@fairydogmother this is what I want to know as well.  I want a set in the worst way but do I really need them when I have wooden spoons, spatulas, tongs, etc.    

Honored Contributor

I cook a great deal, and I have no interest in this set.  I like to have as few doo dads as possible, because I've found that so many of them end up in the bottom of the utensil drawer. I'm not criticizing those who love them , I just like to keep it simple. I'm a reformed gadget junkie. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Count me in as well for another set of spurtles! I can see a lot of uses for the new pieces included in this set! I use most of the pieces in my current set almost every day - seems like I'm always finding a new use for one of them! I went with the raspberry color this time - nice and bright!

Honored Contributor

This set seems so nice. I'm thinking of buying it.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 7/28 Spurtle Set

[ Edited ]

I have my own set from a prior configuration but ordered three sets of the farmhouse colors for Christmas gifts. 

ETA - went back and got another for myself since there are new pieces. 🤷‍♀️

Super Contributor

I bought a wooden set of two when QVC first started selling them.  The plastic spurtles were not available at the time.  I bought this set in Farmhouse on advanced order.  I like the fact that there are several different gadgets in this set.  I cook and bake all the time and believe I will get a lot of use out of them.