Esteemed Contributor

TSV 5/11 Aftershokz Trekz Air Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones

I am considering these because i can't stand air pods  I would love to hear from anyone  who has used these, and also about different models - what is the difference?  Big price range!

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV 5/11 Aftershokz Trekz Air Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones

Not being adjustable is a big downfall. They do NOT fit every head. The sound is OK if you have the perfect fit, but "one size fits all just is not true.

I got a pair of these at Christmas (same brand, from QVC) for my son. They don't fit him well enough and they are always falling down. He stopped using them.

I tried them as I have a smaller head (being female and petite) and I can not even use them at all because of the fact that you cannot adjust them tighter to your head. They fall right down the back of my head, therefore it loses the spot on the bone on your face they are supposed to sit on to get sound.

I paid the same price and now they just sit unused.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

interesting 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I have some and love them. I purchased mine through HSN. 

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch 

They are supposed to sit at the base of the neck; it sounds to me like you and your son were trying to wear them in a way other than how they are meant to be worn. They don’t sit on the head the way most other headphones do.

I have these, purchased from QVC. I absolutely love them! As for fit, they fall down the back of my head. It took a little getting used to as they didn’t fit as tight as my other over-the-ear sport headphones but now they are my favorites. 

Respected Contributor

These hook over your ears to stay in place. I don’t think you’d want them to sit tight against your face. My son runs with his and he thinks they slip when he’s sweaty but so do conventional ear buds. He secures then with his sun glasses.

I use them at my desk at work. I can distract myself with music or a podcast but not be completely oblivious to my staff. I think the sound quality is fine for casual use, but if you’re planning to enjoy the subtlies of a symphony, these might not be the best choice.
Super Contributor

I bought mine several months ago when they were a TS on HSN.  Normal earpods and airpods don't stay in my ears, and I have other bluetooth headphones, but wanted to try the bone conduction concept.

I like them.  As other posters have said, they're not supposed to wrap around the back of your head, rather, they rest at the back of your neck.

I use mine mainly while walking, so don't know how they'd stay situated when running or during other more active exercise.  

Mine came with a set of those roll up/insert/expand ear plugs, in case you want to be on total 'do not disturb' mode.

I found the controls a little difficult to master at first (kept having to take them off to pause/turn on & off), but now it's easy.