Respected Contributor

I heard one of the Scott brothers say that you could keep this mattress for 100 days and return it if it didn't work out. They talk about how easy it is to get it out of the box but never mention that you can't get it back in the box after it has been taken out.  So how would one go about returning it? They really should address this. I cannot believe that no one has ever bought a mattress like this and then regretted buying it. 

Respected Contributor

Can you imagine trying to return a mattress?  

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey   good question. I just googled but I didn't read more than the headlines, but I did learn 12% of mattresses are returned so there must be a way.  The intro mentioned companies have return policies on their website.  If I were even thinking of buying, I'd read the website for myself- what we hear a salesperson say isn't always backed up legally- either because the speaker is lying or even because a speaker slipped up.  

For me what is in writing takes precedence over the spoken word.  I am not ready to change that.

Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. I'm considering buying one but need to know what the return procedure would be like just in case.

Would a moderator please respond? Or anyone else with information.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV 4/11/21

[ Edited ]

In the past there were posts about another mattress.  Customer service will issue you a refund and tell you to donate or dispose of the mattress.  You do not have to return it. 

Respected Contributor

I read somewhere, that if you purchase one of the mattresses in a box and need to return it, they will schedule a pick-up of the item, which will then wind up being donated.

They just write them off as donations, likely for tax purposes. So it wouldn't be a total loss for them. True? I'm not sure, but it sounds reasonable.

They need to discuss this on air, or online. I'm weary of obvious omissions, since they are often filled with unreasonable clauses.  

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut You might be right, but I heard that THEY want them back to donate. I have a hard time envisioning them just saying 'keep it.'  Seems they wouldn't want that message to get around.

Maybe someone here can find out for sure. I'm interested, as well. Surely someone here has ordered one of these in the past. 

Esteemed Contributor

I believe it's up to you to dispose of the new mattress if you don't want it and if you DO keep it, you need to dispose of your old mattress! 

Either way, it's a problem!

I think the 100 day trial is better than 30 days, but look at Macy's  and other mattress retailers. They will give you at least a 90 day trial and they will haul away your old mattress. Worth at least some additional cost- not several hunred dollars, but something more.

The specs seem very similar on the Scott Bros mattress to the NN mattress I bought from the Q last year. I paid $150.00 less for mine.

Honored Contributor

You will have to call Customer Service.  

What they do after that, I don't know.

Another thing that's not mentioned is that while you can return it, do you have to pay for the return?  And if so, how much?

Respected Contributor

i heard pat say "if it does not work out, just call customer service and talk to them about a return"  .... she did not say just return it like they say for other merchandise.  sounds like maybe you have to negotiate a return???  i don't have a clue.