Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 2/6/21 Poncho--dumpy or chic?

[ Edited ]

I'm personally not a poncho fan because they just don't fit into my lifestyle but I think they can be very chic.

The first thing that came to my mind though with the BFD poncho was chintzy.  The sizing looked like it was for a child.  When I tuned into AMS with Leah and saw her, I thought to myself that I wondered if the plus size would look better on her and then she said she was wearing the plus size.

I thought it just looked too small/short on everyone. The only person I could imagin the regular size working for is Amy S.  On everyone else it just looked like they were wearing a child's poncho.  

Contributor

I read the reviews ... oh my.  Most are saying this poncho fits like a straight jacket.  When you lift up your arms slightly, the front "curls" upward.   Oddly, I did notice that during the presentation.   Was recommended to go with the large size (even if you're a size 4)...what a shame so many are being returned.  

Honored Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

I read the reviews ... oh my.  Most are saying this poncho fits like a straight jacket.  When you lift up your arms slightly, the front "curls" upward.   Oddly, I did notice that during the presentation.   Was recommended to go with the large size (even if you're a size 4)...what a shame so many are being returned.  

@MercyMe7 I just received mine a few hours ago and it's already to go back.  The colors and fabric are stunning but it really does feel like a straight jacket on.  You can't move your arms at all and if you do the slightest it does curl up.  What a horrible design flaw.  It's really too bad because like I stated it really is pretty.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky 

Poor design and overpriced.  I think there will be many returns.

Respected Contributor

Dumpy

Respected Contributor

I really like it, it's chic for my style ( which is almost non-existent) but I'm a small person. I do agree they kinda blew it with the sizing! 

Frequent Contributor

I usually like ponchos.  I ordered the BFD TSV, and didn't like how it fits.  I'm a size small in BFD, and I thought that this particular poncho ran small, almost child sized.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MercyMe7 wrote:

This is exactly true.  Terrible design.  Mine is going back.  I ordered the larger size even though I'm a small because I wanted it to be longer.  So picture a poncho that is clearly too big, yet still manages to be a straight jacket.  If you lift your arms the front flips up.  You would have to walk around with your arms down by your sides at all times to wear this thing.  Kind of like the Seinfeld episode.

Clearly this was the absolute cheapest way to produce a ponch that they wanted to get in at a particular price point.

Trusted Contributor

This is a real generaliztion for all TSV's.  I have noticed alot of people returning. Not just this poncho. I am getting  the impression that the TSV's are made cheaper, maybe?? Or somewhere along the the line, some corners were cut to make the price what they are.

Like I said this is only an observation- and I may wrong.  I like  Barefoot  Dreams and find I like the items not TSV"s. I like some other company's that sell their products here too. The last Vionic TSV got bad reviews and now it says Sold Out.. which doesn't necessarily mean it is.. And where are all those reviews?.. Did they pull the product and say it's sold out? More were returning than keeping from the reviews I could read before they were gone.

Sure , there are good TSV's ....   that' s a given... but more and more it's come to me not to order the TSV - and more than likley it'll be on clearance  at some point.

Frequent Contributor

While I gave this product a good review, after some consideration, I decided to return it today.  I really like it in the stripes but for my lifestyle of late (still working from home...), I just don't know if I would wear it enough.  I don't regret sending it back either so I know I made the right choice.