Respected Contributor

Re: TSV 2/6/21 Poncho--dumpy or chic?

Not impressed.  The fabric is 71% nylon and 29 % viscose (sounds artificial to me-like a football field made of artificial turf).  Full price $118.  Today's Special price , about $65. I do believe this clothing line is big on hype (live the dream), but lacking in good value.  Maybe a lot of the ponchos will end up in a future Clearance sale; if you are undecided, maybe wait until then for a more reasonable price to try an item like this. 

Trusted Contributor

I am not really much of a poncho person, myself. A few years ago, I bought one of Martha Stewart's ruanas because it looked so good on her. On me, it looked like I had pulled a blanket off the bed and just wrapped and wrapped it around myself. Horrible!

However, I think this poncho would look very chic on a tall, slender lady.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Dumpy for me. Can't carry a shoulder or crossbody bag.  I don't care for the look.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a poncho or cape person, but bought one to gift to my daughter's MIL who loves to travel.  It's nice not to have to figure out what size other than regular or plus.  As far as the ultra lite fabric is concerned, I'm a big fan.  I've been wearing BFD ulta lite pullovers literally every day for quite a while.  The fabric is lightweight, exceptionally soft and washes well. 

Regular Contributor

I ordered early and received my blue striped and rose ombre ponchos yesterday. Let me say that the TV doesn’t do them justice! The blue striped will go perfect with jeans in every shade along with white bottoms. And the rose ombre is divine!! I fell in love with that one the way the colors merge. I plan to wear it over a white tank with one shoulder exposed. And thank you to the lady who advised wearing my cross body bag underneath! Silly me never thought of that lol! They’re so scrumptious that I went back and ordered the other ombre poncho. And they’re a must have in the summer when restaurants and stores have the AC on full blast bc it’s easy on and off when you need a little warmth. I can’t wait to go strolling on the beach at sunset this spring wearing one of my beautiful ponchos! 🥰
Respected Contributor

I received mine too, and I love it!! Cute, Super soft and comfy! 

Contributor

Hello Ladies ! For those of you that have received the poncho , how is the length ? I haven’t received mine yet but I did order the OS . I can’t wait ! Thank you !
Valued Contributor

I had two in my cart. Then I realized that when the models sat down or were holding something that they didn't look as nice. I was going to get them for around the house, maybe to the grocery store etc. I think they would be constricting my arm movement. They cetainly would look sillyif I had to keep adjusting it for armmovement. Glad I passed!

Contributor

That's great! Glad to hear they're working out for you. Question: did you find the sizing was good? It seems that everyone - other than very petite - feel that the POS size is necessary to allow for sufficient coverage and movement. Can you comment on your experience?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this does run small-  I got the regular OS, and it's perfect on my shoulders and the length for me- BUT I'm pretty small, size 6 top, 110 lb, and 5'2" - If you're a larger lady, I would consider the bigger one-