Esteemed Contributor

Bought the Energizer set of 10 solar lights last year. They are fabulous! Kept them out all year long. Even during the short, darker days of winter those solar lights continued to light up for several hours. As the days are becoming longer, they are lighting up until midnight or later (at least until bedtime). I'm very, very satisfied with my 2016 lights. Can't imagine how Energizer improved on the 2017 lights, but they did. It's obvious from the presentation that the lights cast a brighter light. Amazing qualty and product. If I needed solar lights, I buy them today! BEST QVC PRODUCT of 2016.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 2/26 solar lights

[ Edited ]

I believe the upgrade from last year's lights is better, higher energy batteries that hold their charge longer than the older ones. They went from 400 or 600mAh to 900mAh or possibly higher...description of the item does not state the exact mAh of the tsv batteries. An analogy to explain this is to think of a battery as a cup of water. The larger the cup, the more water it can hold or in battery terms the higher the mAh the more energy it can store. Problem is, the higher the mAh means it needs longer light exposure to recharge. Sort of like the bigger glass of water takes longer to fill than a smaller one. So in short, yes they will stay lit longer but they will also need longer light exposure to get them to recharge their batteries. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have the TSV, but have had them over the years and they worked fine.  I usually replace them every couple years because they get water on them everyday and are in full sun.  They end up looking shabby.

My current ones are from Costco.  They are Westinghouse.  They were $49 in 2015.  Last year they had them with a coupon for $34.99, so I have a backup set.  I'll likely put them out this year.

Go for it.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy this recent TSV as I didn't care for the style. I liked last years much better as far as the glass cut, but didn't buy those either.

I do have a couple of sets from about 5 years ago, and I know they weren't the Energizer brand, but I don't remember what brand they were, maybe Paradise?

But they are starting to fail and getting weak. Honestly for the price of these sets, if I can leave them out year round (through ice snow rain heat etc.) and they last for 5 years, I feel I got my money's worth for sure.

I need new ones, but really didn't care for the looks of thses. I think there are much prettier ones on the market.

Honored Contributor

These seemed like a great deal.  I checked around and Energizer sets with less lights were more money everywhere, including Walmart.

I didn't buy because DH wasn't home and I wanted to ask his opinion about color.  I'll probably be kicking myself. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

These seemed like a great deal.  I checked around and Energizer sets with less lights were more money everywhere, including Walmart.

I didn't buy because DH wasn't home and I wanted to ask his opinion about color.  I'll probably be kicking myself. 

You might want to check the mAh of the batteries used in those other Energizer lights @Lipstickdiva. Lower prices might indicate that lower strength batteries are used in those. They may look the same on the outside, but might have a cheaper batteries inside.Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I decided that I could live without another full set but I bought a couple from Hammacher Schlemmer that are supposed to be high lumens.  They had good reviews.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 2/26 solar lights

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

You might want to check the mAh of the batteries used in those other Energizer lights @Lipstickdiva. Lower prices might indicate that lower strength batteries are used in those. They may look the same on the outside, but might have a cheaper batteries inside.Smiley Wink

I didn't think about that.  The Q ones just looked like a great deal compared to what I saw on-line.