Respected Contributor

Re: TSV.....(12) or (24), 5 oz. Heartland Chicken Fried Chicken with gravy...YAY!!!

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Love this chicken!  I put it on my Caesar salad, homemade Nashville Hot chicken sandwiches, chicken & waffles, and so much more.

I tried the included gravy mix, but don't like it.  I make my own mushroom gravy for it sometimes.  

I had an old auto-delivery order of 18 for more money.  I cancelled that old one and purchased this TSV auto-delivery!

@Caaareful Shopper......  YAY!  So glad you ordered this too and it's a better price, I think.  Putting these on salads are really good, I agree.  Mushroom gravy sounds delish!  Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV.....(12) or (24), 5 oz. Heartland Chicken Fried Chicken with gravy...YAY!!!

I've never tried these, but looking at the nutritional stats they seem to be high in sodium and that's without the gravy.  Do they taste salty?

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

I've never tried these, but looking at the nutritional stats they seem to be high in sodium and that's without the gravy.  Do they taste salty?

@IamDoodles ...they do not taste salty to me and I don't eat much salt.  They are delicious and seasoned perfectly, and pre-cooked.  All you have to do is either pan fry for a little crisp or put in oven.  Some air fry theirs....all good.

Respected Contributor

If I'm not mistaken these are 5oz. So they are a little larger than normal serving size for a sandwich. That might be why the sodium seems high. It's easy enough to remove some of the coating to remove sodium or calories. The chicken is always very moist.

I think the price on the A-D I currently have breaks down to $4.25 each. This upcoming TSV seems around $4.15 each.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info about the sodium.  I have to be careful about my intake.  I'm still on the fence about this.

Respected Contributor

Over $10 a pound and with breading,it must be high calorie. A pass for me, I am trying to eat more fresh food and vegetables.

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Over $10 a pound and with breading,it must be high calorie. A pass for me, I am trying to eat more fresh food and vegetables.

The calories are 230 and fat calories are 50. The sodium is 710. When you read the ingredients in each chicken breast, I would rather make my own. You could use flour, eggs and panko bread crumbs. I know it is more work but I like to make my own food. To each their own but that is my opinion. They appear to be very popular and customers say they are excellent.

Respected Contributor

These look good but if you get 24 they amount to almost 14.00 per pound. I guess it depends how you view it.
Respected Contributor

Way too much sodium for me.
But that's why I avoid most frozen meals and processed meats.

Esteemed Contributor

After deliberating about this product and reading good reviews, I finally ordered last year.  They are good!!  I pan fry and get three meals out of two breasts. Don't use the gravy though..  Love with a bit of ranch and some green chiles!!